If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A lot of people have been saying that these will be some the lowest ratings for the final 4 in years, and I am sure they are correct, but this is the most intrigued I have been by a group of final 4 teams in a long time. Other then Michigan State, all the schools don't have a history of making it to regular final fours. I like that and think it'll be a fairly unpredictable weekend. Should be fun and I'll be watching.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:A lot of people have been saying that these will be some the lowest ratings for the final 4 in years, and I am sure they are correct, but this is the most intrigued I have been by a group of final 4 teams in a long time. Other then Michigan State, all the schools don't have a history of making it to regular final fours. I like that and think it'll be a fairly unpredictable weekend. Should be fun and I'll be watching.
It’s up for grabs. Any of the four could legitimately win it. And they all play different styles of good basketball. Texas Tech does have a Bobby Knight disciple running the team so that makes me happy. Love Izzo especially after the crap he got in the first round. How can you NOT like Bennett. Then...Auburn.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I like Auburn, but not their coach.

He was one of the authors when book was written on NCAA Violations. I seem to recall he was caught on film violating NCAA rules, and still denied it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I like Auburn, but not their coach.

He was one of the authors when book was written on NCAA Violations. I seem to recall he was caught on film violating NCAA rules, and still denied it.
No true Bama fan could like Auburn
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Maybe you should go back
I plan to at end of this month. LU at North Alabama in softball and race at Talladega.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
UVA 63 Auburn 62.

Hoe Lee Crap.

Foul called on a 3 with 1 second left and Kyle Guy sinks them all.

Referee will need a bodyguard to keep Bruce Pearl from killing him
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That bunch from Charlottesville is the luckiest team in history of sports.

For those who watched the game, was it a foul, or did ref blow call ?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That bunch from Charlottesville is the luckiest team in history of sports.

It was a foul ..... and there was a double dribble. I missed DD in real time myself.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That bunch from Charlottesville is the luckiest team in history of sports.

So, you weren't watching and yet you still say it was luck? Were their 33 other wins this year all luck too?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Who double dribbled ?

I am proud to say I have only watched 2 seconds of a boo hoo game all season. Only reason I watched those 2 seconds was a fellow called me to get final score of Duke vs Boo Hoos game, and I looked at screen when last 2 seconds were played. One could not pay me to watch UVA.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Even the director of officials said it was a foul. The Auburn defender jumped into the shooter and didn't give him a place to land. Good call and 3 clutch free throws for the WIN.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Who double dribbled ?

I am proud to say I have only watched 2 seconds of a boo hoo game all season. Only reason I watched those 2 seconds was a fellow called me to get final score of Duke vs Boo Hoos game, and I looked at screen when last 2 seconds were played. One could not pay me to watch UVA.
As a sports fan, which you claim to be, that is sheer stupidity. UVA is one of the elite basketball programs in the country over the past 6 years or so and they are coached by one of the finest men in the business. Liberty would definately not be where they are now if Ritchie had not spent those 6 years under Bennett.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall you saying that your hatred for all things UVA is based on some "shady" football recruiting dealings that allegedly happened decades ago. Pretty lame, especially coming from someone who apparently thinks Bama's programs are "clean as the driven snow".
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The foul was clearly a foul. But Auburn should have been on the other end of the floor shooting Fts after the double dribble turnover.

Guy has ice water in his veins.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

At least you are admitting pride in your ignorance

There was no luck involved anywhere in that game.

Enjoy wallowing in your stupidity
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The foul was clearly a foul. But Auburn should have been on the other end of the floor shooting Fts after the double dribble turnover.

OR
Auburn hits its second free throw and a completely different scenario unfolds. Takes any of this talk out of it.

But as you said Guy flat stone cold. Not too many people could step up there and do what he did
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Can someone tell me when NCAA legalized double dribble ? It should not have came down to final shot, foul or no foul.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Can someone tell me when NCAA legalized double dribble ? It should not have came down to final shot, foul or no foul.
Yeah. If Auburn player had hit his second free throw it wouldn’t have mattered
Had Guy not hit all 3 free throws it wouldn’t have mattered
If the official had called the jersey grab that led to the errant dribble it wouldn’t have mattered
Had you actually watched the game.....you still wouldn’t understand
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The foul was clearly a foul. But Auburn should have been on the other end of the floor shooting Fts after the double dribble turnover.

There are probably plenty of other missed calls. There are always missed calls, but that last foul call was a foul. Defender was moving to fast to keep from getting some body on Guy. In positive that there were other missed calls during the game, so the CD is Not a big deal...except that it happened at the end of the game. Go UVa.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wow. Texas Tech can D up. Felt like I was watching IU teams of old. Brought a little tear to my eye. Monday will be a defensive clinic. The over under will probably be 100 :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Wow. Texas Tech can D up. Felt like I was watching IU teams of old. Brought a little tear to my eye. Monday will be a defensive clinic. The over under will probably be 100 :D
Liberty hall of famer Kelvin Edward's son Kyler is seeing significant minutes for the Red Raiders as a true FR. He's basically their 6th man.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
The guy with the ball. :D
Well played
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defeated […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]