If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I had opportunity to see Purple H coaching last night.
I can’t decide whether to be the better person and give you the benefit of the doubt, or come down hard against what is seemingly a personal attack.

The board moderators should take action. This is entirely inappropriate.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Girl’s? Which one?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK has seen us coach on several occasions. His opinion means a whole lot more than someone who sneaks in and sneaks out. Did you even bother to introduce yourself? Maybe find out a little bit about the team? I was there for the entire JV game that went into overtime. I would have been more than happy to have let you know where we are as a team, where we’d been and where we are looking to go and how we define success. But apparently you aren’t into that. If you get your jolly’s making fun of a bunch of girls under the age of 18 you have a lot of issues that require serious professional help. No, we are not a very talented team and we will struggle to win games. But our girls play their azzes off (with the exception of a few possessions last night). I will fight for the effort and improvement our girls give every night. You can insult me all you want. But if you insult our players ever again it will not be a pleasant experience for you when we meet in person. People like you are why Teddy Roosevelt wrote the following quote. (Modern athletes just call people like you jock sniffers)

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: It was ugly game, mostly turnovers, fouls and jump balls.
you just described almost 100% of all high school girls basketball games i've watched.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I had opportunity to see Purple H coaching last night.
Now you just edit it without explanation? You realize people can still see your original post, right?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Come on, Ballcoach, give Purple a break. This is not even his day job, but he does it for the love of the game (and probably to support his wife). Play Basketball
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m just baffled that if you are such a coach that you claim to be you would do what you did. It’s not like it’s a big gym or it was crowded. To not even come talk to me before the game or anything is fine. I certainly would have taken time to chat. But to not do that then to take shots at our players? That’s like school on Saturday
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Come on, Ballcoach, give Purple a break. This is not even his day job, but he does it for the love of the game (and probably to support his wife). Play Basketball
She’s pretty much a legend.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I apologize for the original post. Let's drop it and move forward.

(I not know people could still see original post, unless it's been quoted)
That's not exactly how apologies work but it's a step in the right direction.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Up until now, BallC was just a holy fella who often said some unsubstantiated things and every once in awhile nailed a prediction.

This.......this is very low. Real coaches who have been in the arena just like other coaches don’t bash those coaches or their teams in the public arena.

PH - should’ve added to TR’s great quote, “the man in the arena...staring helplessly at the arena ceiling.” HAHA! (Inside jokes!)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Up until now, BallC was just a holy fella who often said some unsubstantiated things and every once in awhile nailed a prediction.

This.......this is very low. Real coaches who have been in the arena just like other coaches don’t bash those coaches or their teams in the public arena.

PH - should’ve added to TR’s great quote, “the man in the arena...staring helplessly at the arena ceiling.” HAHA! (Inside jokes!)
Bwahaha. So true. So true.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Too much consumption of soy in this thread. Well then, carry on I suppose.
I did have a chai latte with soy today. But it was well after this hit the board and my first in probably a year. :D
By CCWMichael
RubberMallet wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: It was ugly game, mostly turnovers, fouls and jump balls.
you just described almost 100% of all high school girls basketball games i've watched.
I attend my daughter's teams at her school --- boys and girls ... grad class under 100
And man the play is as you stated Rubber ... like any HS game .... even the opposing teams.
The important part is as supporters of the school we do not criticize.
Why? It is about learning and positive support. We all get they are learning and growing.

Most of society works at this level. Our local media in all forms cover HS sports in very good detail. Not once are there criticisms of individual players nor the dissection of certain plays, coaches, and players.

Now any college level sports is a whole new world.

But HS .... lay off
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Gretna lost to AltaVista last night. Guess he should have rested his starters in the 4th quarter against us and maybe pulled off the press. I’m happy for The Colonels
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I left at halftime of your game at Gretna. Did not go to Altavista game last night. From what I have seen, Gretna plays same style, regardless of score and time on clock. Comes back to bite them some games.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Haize's wife is a legendary high school coach. Top five in wins in the state I believe. She has turned bad programs into great programs. This BallCoach guy is nuts. half of what he says is just ridiculous.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]