If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:Haize's wife is a legendary high school coach. Top five in wins in the state I believe. She has turned bad programs into great programs. This BallCoach guy is nuts. half of what he says is just ridiculous.
Thanks for the kind words

She was Top 5 prior to this stop. Then she took time off till she got board (or spending too much time at home with me :D ). We aren’t sure where she is at now and at this point. If you could count wins as an assistant coach at the Collegiate level that would be nice :D
This will be her first sub.500 team in over 30. But with this team the record isn’t what we focus on. We are so proud how they play their butts off and try to improve. That’s the stuff that turns programs around. Some people just don’t understand that.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No one understands "turning programs around" better than me. Remember when Gretna lost 44 football games in a row ? Followed by 5 state championships.

There is hope for the future at your current school. Looks as if there's some talent on JV team that will help varsity in the future.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The first law of holes, or the law of holes, is an adage which states that "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".[1][2] Digging a hole makes it deeper and therefore harder to get back out, which is used as a metaphor that when in an untenable position, it is best to stop carrying on and exacerbating the situation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_holes
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No one understands "turning programs around" better than me. Remember when Gretna lost 44 football games in a row ? Followed by 5 state championships.

There is hope for the future at your current school. Looks as if there's some talent on JV team that will help varsity in the future.
This is the second time in a few days you have shamelessly bragged about who or what you know. You were totally shot down on the first one. Yes, Gretna made a great turnaround in their football program. It wasn't you who did it. I'm sure there are people here who have actually been a major part of similar things. They just aren't bragging about it.
#Legend in his own mind
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:No one understands "turning programs around" better than me. Remember when Gretna lost 44 football games in a row ? Followed by 5 state championships.

This is the second time in a few days you have shamelessly bragged about who or what you know. You were totally shot down on the first one. Yes, Gretna made a great turnaround in their football program. It wasn't you who did it. I'm sure there are people here who have actually been a major part of similar things. They just aren't bragging about it.
#Legend in his own mind
Truth Bomb
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:The first law of holes, or the law of holes, is an adage which states that "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".[1][2] Digging a hole makes it deeper and therefore harder to get back out, which is used as a metaphor that when in an untenable position, it is best to stop carrying on and exacerbating the situation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_holes
Oh, the irony. lol. 8) Gill for life.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:What schools has she coached at ? I had never heard of her until last year.
Head coach at Brookville, EC Glass, LCA, Heritage and Appomattox, plus assistant at LU and LC. Took glass to their first regional final, heritage to the state semifinals, I cant remember what she did at Brookville, but her teams dominated the Seminole then.. SO YEAH SHE IS A LEGEND.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts

Were you on Coach Senseney, Thurman, or Saunders staff at Gretna? if not, you are just like any armchair QB who says they know what turning programs around is. GTHOH with your noise.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:thanks Mr. texas…….yeah I know how great girls hoops are in the lone star state.....lol
That wasn't even on my radar. This discussion just gnaws at my soul.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Point of clarification she was the Assistant at LCA but the head coach made sure all of her suggestions became their decisions!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:
bigsmooth wrote:thanks Mr. texas…….yeah I know how great girls hoops are in the lone star state.....lol
That wasn't even on my radar. This discussion just gnaws at my soul.
#fakenews. You have no soul :D

What is it the kids say? Don’t start nothin there won’t be nothin? Of course you never stated why it gnaws at your soul.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Let me state for the record that I detest this entire thread.

I will go on record, and say the same thing.

Signed: ballcoach15- the person who started it
FIFY
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]