If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
martell will be using the meyer scandal as well as him leaving as his reason for hardship. he will get his eligibility too.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:NCAA may as well put in a rule, if a QBS gets benched, he can transfer and play immediately.
So why is it coaches can do this and players should not be able to?
If I commit to my wife and she decides to go play for the other team ..... I am transferring .....
Some player transferred from Coastal Carolina to VT, and applied for a hardship wavier to be able to play without sitting out a year. His mother had brain surgery . The stupid NCAA denied it because the player's mother lives 5 miles too far from VT. Yet NCAA allowed Justin Fields to transfer and play immediately, along with a couple other QBs who transferred because they got benched.
thepostman wrote:But players shouldn't transfer at all and ruining college athletics as we know it, so why do you care?
You’d think he’d applaud the decision
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hardship cases where a family member is sick, injured, etc. is the ONLY reason transfers should be granted without sitting out a year. And they must be fully documented.
Getting benched isn't a hardship case.
Without seeing the packet of information Fields or Martell submitted to the NCAA (since I'm guessing they aren't public record), I can assume that being benched isn't the primary reason they each have to the NCAA when they requested immediate eligibility. Now I will say also that Martell's situation is a bit different because they did go through a coaching change with Meyer retiring and Day ascending to the head job, so that probably played into his appeal for being able to play immediately.

I think that the geographic proximity reasoning the NCAA gave in denying the young men who transferred is :BS though. There needs to be some leeway in the mileage consideration when evaluating given that precedent.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Field's justification was that he is a pathetic snowflake fleeing racist oppression from a former baseball player who is no longer even a student at Georgia. Of course, none of that is true. He and his lawyer were just clever enough to know the NCAA would be afraid not to buy it.
ballcoach15 wrote:Anyone can make up a lie and tell to NCAA, and the NCAA isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
Intelligence is not the issue, it's cowardice and political correctness. The story is not a total fabrication. There was a baseball player at Georgia who directed some racial slurs at Fields. He was dismissed from the team and has since left school. Logic would seem to indicate that there is no more threat of him facing that again at GA than at Ohio State, or anywhere else, but this was the easier path for the NCAA to take.
ballcoach15 wrote:It appears now that far too many coaches "recruit from other schools", instead of high schools, for skill position players.
Proof?

Oh wait, what am i thinking. You never have proof. My bad. Carry on
ballcoach15 wrote:See:

Oklahoma
Ohio State
Miami
Virginia
See my previous post
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:It appears now that far too many coaches "recruit from other schools", instead of high schools, for skill position players.
Proof?

Oh wait, what am i thinking. You never have proof. My bad. Carry on

Oklahoma
Ohio State
Miami
Virginia
Ballcoach, I know you hate UVa, but how many transfers do the Hoos really get from other schools? I'm shocked that you didn't include Louisville in your list instead.
Cider Jim wrote:

Oklahoma
Ohio State
Miami
Virginia
Ballcoach, I know you hate UVa, but how many transfers do the Hoos really get from other schools? I'm shocked that you didn't include Louisville in your list instead.
You expect an answer? :lol:

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]