If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
this definitely feels like a situation that if he didn't go he'd of been fired.

i hate wv in the big 12. it should be in the ACC.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:this definitely feels like a situation that if he didn't go he'd of been fired.

i hate wv in the big 12. it should be in the ACC.
I always felt the B1G was a better fit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Golly. I wonder who Houston Startings QB will be next year......
Purple (or JK), in all seriousness, was Dana's son not good enough to play for the mighty Mountaineers, so he chose a weaker team (and conference) to coach his son?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Looks as if WV coaching search is down to 3, the Troy coach, Cincinatti coach and WV defensive coordinator. Should be named today.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Golly. I wonder who Houston Startings QB will be next year......
Purple (or JK), in all seriousness, was Dana's son not good enough to play for the mighty Mountaineers, so he chose a weaker team (and conference) to coach his son?
Who says Houston is the weaker team? :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
I have no idea. But the article made it sound like his kid was playing Hs football in the Houston area which seems odd
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I thought the article made it seem like his son was at U-High in Morgantown, and is now committed to Houston for football.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Here’s a crazy thought I just had: If Liberty hadn’t scooped up Hugh Freeze, and his SEC opportunities were indeed blocked by various boosters, might WVU have been a player for Hugh Freeze? We’ll never know, but funny to think about. I believe WVU is one place that could look past his past.

I personally think the 3-3-5 has run its course, but Tony Gibson is beloved in WVU circles. I didn’t realize he was a candidate.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK, because of your stellar LU education in your English classes, you obviously have better reading comprehension than Purple, who did his graduate work in Morgantown.
Study vs. :woohoo
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I thought the article made it seem like his son was at U-High in Morgantown, and is now committed to Houston for football.
You’re right. I thought I was reading a Houston paper. Things here have been hectic. Good catch
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So WVU is hiring a coach from the lowly Sun Belt that LOST to LU? Well, I guess beggars can't be choosers. Go 'Eers! :lol:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Go 'Eers!
I’m cherry-picking this quote and forwarding to all your Marshall comrades.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Since we were discussing Doc Holliday, and Marshall’s athletic inferiority complex with WVU, I found this nugget interesting:
The Marshall head coach and WVU alum is brought up by fans as a possibly option to return to his alma mater, but the 61-year-old Holliday is older than the coaches Lyons is targeting, who are in their 30s and 40s. Also Holliday has a hurdle in his Marshall contract that calls for him to pay a $3 million buyout if he would leaves the Herd for a job at West Virginia. That’s a big number for a coach currently making $755,000 at MU.
https://bluegoldnews.com/west-virginia- ... s-for-wvu/

So if I’m reading this correctly, it seems Marshall out a special buyout into his contract if he leaves for WVU. As in, “please, please, PLEEEAAAAASE don’t leave us for them!”

Ergo, major INFERIORITY COMPLEX for the better athletic department in the state.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ergo, that's just good business practice on the part of the Marshall AD. :fineprint

FIFY
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Since we were discussing Doc Holliday, and Marshall’s athletic inferiority complex with WVU, I found this nugget interesting:
The Marshall head coach and WVU alum is brought up by fans as a possibly option to return to his alma mater, but the 61-year-old Holliday is older than the coaches Lyons is targeting, who are in their 30s and 40s. Also Holliday has a hurdle in his Marshall contract that calls for him to pay a $3 million buyout if he would leaves the Herd for a job at West Virginia. That’s a big number for a coach currently making $755,000 at MU.

So if I’m reading this correctly, it seems Marshall out a special buyout into his contract if he leaves for WVU. As in, “please, please, PLEEEAAAAASE don’t leave us for them!”

Ergo, major INFERIORITY COMPLEX for the better athletic department in the state.
Wow. Is that JUST WVU or is it any school?

And I’m fine with the hire
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The new guy from Troy is 38 years old, born in 1980, the year Mrs. Cider graduated high school. :shock:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:Since we were discussing Doc Holliday, and Marshall’s athletic inferiority complex with WVU, I found this nugget interesting:

Wow. Is that JUST WVU or is it any school?

And I’m fine with the hire
I read it as JUST WVU.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]