If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If Georgia had played Notre Dame, resultnwouldmhave Ben just as Clemson-Notre Dame. Probably worst.
Hard as this is to say, I agree with BC. And everyone knows that NOW...with the benefit of hindsight. But we couldn’t have said that before as definitively as we can now that ND has been soundly defeated by Clemson.

If ND had been left out of the playoff, we wouldn’t know for sure they were so inferior to Clemson.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
JK37 wrote: “Should have been one of those teams” - based on what?

ND’s result vs. Clemson? Can’t do that, because they hadn’t played yet when selection was made.

Eye test? Yeah, they looked Top 4 to me, too. But they lost. Twice. Meanwhile, ND is undefeated, and I really don’t know yet how good they are. I needed to see them in the playoff to know for sure.
I'm sorry that you can't follow an argument. Next!
Let’s make a deal: I’ll follow one when you make a good one.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Let’s make a deal: I’ll follow one when you make a good one.
Fair enough. I'll go slow. :lol:

1. If the committee ranked Alabama HIGHER than Georgia, then they expected Georgia to lose in a "head to head" matchup.
2. What was the result of the game? Should it cause the committee to re-evaluate? Was Georgia WORSE than expected? If so, move them down. Was Georgia AS expected? Leave them where they were. Was Georgia BETTER than expected, despite the loss? If so, move them up!

As I said in a previous post, I misremembered where the committee had ND. In any case, I disagreed with the committee on ND's ranking. The final four should have been: 1) Alabama 2) Clemson 3) Georgia 4) Oklahoma.

With your argument, you are forced to say that UCF should have have been in the final four simply because they were undefeated. Nonsense.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
In your hypothetical, I am not forced to say UCF should be in. I already stated that their schedule wasn’t as strong as ND’s. And I also said Georgia looked Top 4. Again, these two are not mutually exclusive. You’ve got to see this in more than two dimensions, absent of hindsight, the way the committee is compelled to analyze it.

And you’ve yet to answer my hypothetical. If you fail to include ND, and they win their New Year’s Six bowl, now you’ve got a huge problem: an undefeated ND and a playoff champion. And you’ve got an even bigger problem if there’s an upset in the CFP, and your CFP Champion has 1 or more losses. It’s these types of scenarios the CFP was created to eliminate.

Where we ultimately disagree is on the purpose of the CFP. I believe it is to give us a National Champion. You believe it’s to give us the Top 4. I can live with that disagreement, because on my side we ultimately better know who is #1.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I called it a week before any of you guys no matter what you say
I called it in 92 when I may or may not have been in the Bekka Valley and I was reading Agamemnon’s autobiography
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:The 2 best teams are in the championship game. in the end I suppose that is all that matters.
I agree. And how do we know?

There’s no way we could be sure if ND weren’t included in the CFP.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:The 2 best teams are in the championship game. in the end I suppose that is all that matters.

[youtube]tAGnKpE4NCI[/youtube]
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm just kind of sick of those being the 2 teams but such is life. Their boosters must really be paying those kids well, everybody else needs to get it together :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm just kind of sick of those being the 2 teams but such is life. Their boosters must really be paying those kids well, everybody else needs to get it together :)
It’s because of all the shady transfers they get
By cruzan_flame13
Urban Meyer: “ I don’t believe I want to coach again= I’m going to lay low for a year or two, and when another big P5 coach is “fired” at a big school, I will come back and become available for the position” :lol:
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm just kind of sick of those being the 2 teams
I'm not. :lol:

I've been a BAMA fan since I was a young boy. I know how bad things can get, so I am enjoying it while it lasts... which I don't think will be too much longer.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Watching the Horns right now. SEC supremacy? Pffft.
I’m rooting for Texas. Guess GA shouldn’t have been in the CFP either
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
After being left out of playoffs, Georgia had hard time getting ready to play bowl game. Thus they not bring their A game.

Bowl games don't always bring out the best in some teams. I have seen this happen at least 4 times this bowl season.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SEC apologists always use that as an excuse and it is such a cop out. Georgia made it clear the committee made the right call.

Much like UCF made it clear they made the right call leaving them out and ranking them where they did. (Which I voiced many times on here I disagreed with)

But I get it, admitting Georgia didn't deserve an invite would mean actually admitting you were wrong and it may be a new year but it certainly doesn't mean a new ballcoach.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Urban Meyer: “ I don’t believe I want to coach again
If he wants a challenge, I hear that is an opening in Morgantown. Not much of a school, but they in one of those high and mighty P5 conferences.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:After being left out of playoffs, Georgia had hard time getting ready to play bowl game. Thus they not bring their A game.

Bowl games don't always bring out the best in some teams. I have seen this happen at least 4 times this bowl season.
The real word from the Bulldog locker room is they wanted to win to show they should have had a shot ...

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/geo ... -win-texas
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:After being left out of playoffs, Georgia had hard time getting ready to play bowl game. Thus they not bring their A game.

The real word from the Bulldog locker room is they wanted to win to show they should have had a shot ...

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/geo ... -win-texas
Not according to ballcoach’s #sources
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Bad thing about Texas winning, is the media and pollsters will now jump on the Longhorn Bandwagon for 2019 season. I like the state of Texas, but have no use for Longhorn sports.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:You’re right guys. Let down games aren’t real. Just something SEC fans made up. The Big12 is finally showing it’s true supremacy.
Nobody said that. Calm your SEC panties.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Comedy h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Venzant is transferring to Abilene Christian, a co[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]