If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Apparently the game last night had the lowest TV ratings in college football playoff's history. The death of TV deals is closely coming!
I was disappointed in The Film Room. I wanted college football coaches in there breaking it down. Instead I got.....I don’t know what. Other than Booger McFarland texting
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Him texting was barely worse than them discussing the snack foods and pizza on the table between them all. And all that was only barely outpaced by Tessitore touting himself early as a “kicking expert”, then seeking to prove it at every turn.

It was cringe worthy. I turned away from it. And I came back for more in the second half. Ugh, my mistake.
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Apparently the game last night had the lowest TV ratings in college football playoff's history. The death of TV deals is closely coming!
I was disappointed in The Film Room. I wanted college football coaches in there breaking it down. Instead I got.....I don’t know what. Other than Booger McFarland texting
I concur. that broadcast was their worst ever without coaches.
I had turned it off in the first five minutes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m glad I’m not alone. I loved it last year and even the two Seni Finals this year. I have no idea why they changed that format
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:$$$
In what way? I wouldn’t think they’d have to pay those coaches that much. It would e a great recruiting tool. Of course those other Yahoos are already under contract so there’s that
By CCWMichael
thepostman wrote:All I know is the McDonald's closest to the white house is disgusting. I hope they stepped their game up :)
I thought they were nasty everywhere.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The response from the players has been positive. They enjoyed it and said the food was hot. But man, lots of pearl clutching and vapor choking about it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:There’s gonna be players who liked it and players who thought it was a let down. Football locker rooms are very diverse.
Same would be if they had a sit down meal with all the pomp and circumstance. But I would wager the vast majority preferred this. I know I would. This is a celebration, and I think most players would prefer the relaxed atmosphere as opposed to having to be all prim and proper. Get a chance to walk around and talk to people in the WH and look around.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The President is to be commended for serving Burger King., in addition to McDonald's and whatever else they had.

I agree with Purple on the above post.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
donald trump with arms outstretched showing off the bounty of fast food across the table littered with candelabras and gold flecked china while a portrait of abraham lincoln pondering assumably important matters overhead is the perfect illustration of our time and age.

if i was a 19 yr old kid and walked into that spread i'd be on cloud 9.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:There’s gonna be players who liked it and players who thought it was a let down. Football locker rooms are very diverse.
Well, if there is one thing Trump knows, it's locker room talk. 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
By no means conclusive but I spoke with three of my clients who were former athletes at the college level in different sports. Every single one of them thought it was the coolest thing ever. One guy even said he would have paid real money to see the Health an Nutritionists in that room lose their poop. He said it was so regulated what and wen they could eat this had to feel like a jail break. I mean do you think a Nutritionist on staff is going to say “umm Mr President, they aren’t allowed to eat those” ha. The female said her team would have devoured it and possibly had a food fight :D :D
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The fact people are getting angry about this is the reason I believe Trump will be reelected.

The media and others can not continue to be critical over everything the man does and then expect to be taken seriously.

The media gift wrapped his initial victory and they are doing it again.

This coming from a guy who isnt exactly Trump's biggest fan.
By Jonathan Carone
I would say the fact that people are trying so hard to either justify Trump or demonize him instead of just laugh at the absurdity of the whole thing shows our society takes politics way too seriously.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I would say the fact that people are trying so hard to either justify Trump or demonize him instead of just laugh at the absurdity of the whole thing shows our society takes politics way too seriously.
The players enjoyed themselves and had a good time It was certainly unconventional but the only absurdity I see are those trying to make it out as an embarrassment for the United States and Clemson
By Jonathan Carone
If you can’t see the absurdity (the quality or state of being ridiculous) in serving Big Macs on the same dinner plates as we serve to world leaders then I don’t know what to say. That visual is hilarious. It’s not embarrassing or degrading. It’s also not endearing or charming. It’s just funny.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:If you can’t see the absurdity (the quality or state of being ridiculous) in serving Big Macs on the same dinner plates as we serve to world leaders then I don’t know what to say. That visual is hilarious. It’s not embarrassing or degrading. It’s also not endearing or charming. It’s just funny.
+1
G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?