If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Georgia clearly allowed the bama game to effect them but that is a lame excuse and only one SEC apologists would accept as being ok.

They had a chance to prove the committee wrong and lost to freaking Texas.

The committee got it right and that pains me so much to type.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Watching the Horns right now. SEC supremacy? Pffft.
Hahaha. Well deserved. Congrats on the great win. College football is better with Texas playing winning football. The team seems to be on the right track, and is a lock for pre-season top 10. :football
By LU 57
thepostman wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:You’re right guys. Let down games aren’t real. Just something SEC fans made up. The Big12 is finally showing it’s true supremacy.
Nobody said that. Calm your SEC panties.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Georgia clearly allowed the bama game to effect them but that is a lame excuse and only one SEC apologists would accept as being ok.

A Texas Team Who lost to West Virginia
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I do not see how college football is better with Texas winning. I stopped liking Texas the year Mack Brown went on TV and begged for Texas to be put in national championship game, Rose Bowl or something. Can't recall what it actually was.
By Class of 20Something
Because nearly 600 NFL players come from Texas, California, and Florida. That is about a third of the NFL from three states. All three states jockey for first place at about 200 each. When college ball is good in Texas, it pushes the high schools to produce better players.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:Georgia clearly allowed the bama game to effect them but that is a lame excuse and only one SEC apologists would accept as being ok.

A Texas Team Who lost to West Virginia
Horns Down.

I don’t like Texas and their Prima Donna fans, nor their obvious preferential treatment in the Big 12. Personal Foyls for a hand signal of Horns down? How insecure do you have to be?!??!!

But, I agree college football is better when they are good.
By Class of 20Something
I think what makes me resent some users on this board is the variance in effort given. The folks that run ASOR and a few posters take time to research, provide facts, and engage is fun fanatical talk. Other just choose to give no effort, use improper grammar(when it is obvious they know how to communicate), and generally just bash others views with no attempt to convey reason, logic, or argument. It probably bugs me more than it should, but it almost cheapens the work some people go through to ensure that they provide accurate, current, and relevant information to threads.

Does anyone remember emailing a professor and getting "K" as a response?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I think what makes me resent some users on this board is the variance in effort given. The folks that run ASOR and a few posters take time to research, provide facts, and engage is fun fanatical talk. Other just choose to give no effort, use improper grammar(when it is obvious they know how to communicate), and generally just bash others views with no attempt to convey reason, logic, or argument. It probably bugs me more than it should, but it almost cheapens the work some people go through to ensure that they provide accurate, current, and relevant information to threads.

I sometimes feel the same way. But then I remember this is a fanatic message board. And like ALL other sports fanatic message boards (and talk radio shows, et al), my standard for common sense and reason can’t be as high as that of a college professor.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I think what makes me resent some users on this board is the variance in effort given. The folks that run ASOR and a few posters take time to research, provide facts, and engage is fun fanatical talk. Other just choose to give no effort, use improper grammar(when it is obvious they know how to communicate), and generally just bash others views with no attempt to convey reason, logic, or argument. It probably bugs me more than it should, but it almost cheapens the work some people go through to ensure that they provide accurate, current, and relevant information to threads.

K
By Class of 20Something
alabama24 wrote:

K
THE PROFESSOR SPEAKS! :D
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts

This is where I am at this point as well. I frequent another sports related board and each poster is held to a high standard. Support your argument or don’t post at all. You get one warning before you’re given a timeout from the board. If you continue to post unsubstantiated opinions, you’re banned outright. It keeps the trolls away and the discussions are almost always high level.
By LU 57
adam42381 wrote:

This is where I am at this point as well. I frequent another sports related board and each poster is held to a high standard. Support your argument or don’t post at all. You get one warning before you’re given a timeout from the board. If you continue to post unsubstantiated opinions, you’re banned outright. It keeps the trolls away and the discussions are almost always high level.
Seems a bit draconian. Honestly, I think the conversations are generally very civil on this board. Obviously, there are some opinions that need to be taken with a grain of salt, which is part of the fun.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote:
adam42381 wrote:

Seems a bit draconian. Honestly, I think the conversations are generally very civil on this board. Obviously, there are some opinions that need to be taken with a grain of salt, which is part of the fun.
Bingo! At least someone gets it.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
It may seem draconian, but I enjoy the experience much more. You don’t have to wade through as many inane posts because they aren’t tolerated. That board focuses more on high level statistical analysis which may be why they expect more from the user base. I do believe it would be a good requirement to at least back up an argument with either supporting evidence or, at the very least, a link.
Last edited by adam42381 on January 3rd, 2019, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
alabama24 wrote:

K
THE PROFESSOR SPEAKS! :D
No reason for insults. :D
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I always thought message boards were "for opinions".
Which one is only entitled to if they can defend it.

One issue with today’s youth is they think that to disagree with another is to hate or fear them. Or that to love someone one must agree with everything that person says and does. Neither could be further from the truth.

Younger people today think that everyone is entitled to an opinion without challenge. I just wasn’t aware that you, BC, had fallen in with them.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts

I don't care who says it, getting a response like that makes me very mad. If you're going to offer a simple response, at LEAST have the common courtesy to craft whole words if you are too "woke" to be able to craft a complete sentence.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I always thought message boards were "for opinions".
Which one is only entitled to if they can defend it.

One issue with today’s youth is they think that to disagree with another is to hate or fear them. Or that to love someone one must agree with everything that person says and does. Neither could be further from the truth.

Younger people today think that everyone is entitled to an opinion without challenge. I just wasn’t aware that you, BC, had fallen in with them.
Yeah? Its only younger people? News to me.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
ND had to belong if they aren't going to be required to join a conference. it pains me to say that because i think georgia and OSU were better teams. but don't get curb stomped by LSU or Purdue. ND won all their games didn't have that that let down. they played 1 less but that amounts to 1 less austin peavy on the schedule?

georgia had its playoff game and lost. oklahoma was given the opportuity to avenge its only loss and succeeded.

the committee had it right technically.

bowl games are horrible as a barometer unfortunately. there is literally a 4 week or more break before any of these teams play. its like the beginning of a new season. i don't take georgia getting beat by tx to mean anything. same even with the playoff games. its so unnatural to have to pick up playing 30 days after you last played. you are taking 18-22 yr old guys during the holidays and attempting to motivate them to do something and keep them focused. ...focused on something they haven't done in 4 weeks!
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I wish UCF was a bit more flexible on their stance on their anti 2 for 1 stance in regards to scheduling but at the same time they make a ton of money from 6 home games and they would like to continue making that money. They have built a fanbase and at the G5 level that isn't an easy thing to sustain. They have P5's at home and away on their schedule and maybe one of these years it will work out in their favor. Pitt was probably the best P5 team they played and the blew them out. I think the AAC is better than people give it credit for. Outside of Clemson, it is certainly a better overall football conference than the ACC. But the experts will never see it that way because of the money involved in P5 athletics.

Anyways, I get why UCF wasnt included but I do think their style leads to them competing strongly with top tier P5 competition. It'll be interesting to see how things go against LSU this afternoon.
UCF is gambling on a 8team playoff future. UCF not taking that 2 for 1 deal with Florida is asinine otherwise. BYU built their schedule doing this. if BYU went undefeated they'd ACTUALLY be talked about as having a place at the table. but they built their schedule as a lesser team to provide them that.

they are hoping for 8 teams. and the only way they'll ever sniff a spot in a 8 team is by going undefeated in that crappy conference.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]