If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ok even though the Championship game is in 2019

This is why UCF should have been in instead of ND. They could have given Clemson as good if not better game. You also would have had more eyeballs on the game. The novelty of a G5 which also is the largest University in America would have been a viewer windfall.
Regardless of their record ND should never be ranked higher than 5th
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe the Refs were told at halftime to get ND back in the game.
Pray tell how are they accomplishing that?
By LU 57
No offense intended to ballcoach, but I am sick of Alabama. Hoping Clemson can get through this one healthy in order to give the Tide a game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote:No offense intended to ballcoach, but I am sick of Alabama. Hoping Clemson can get through this one healthy in order to give the Tide a game.
Well the NCAA is already helping Alabama win by suspending Clemson’s best defensive player
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
On a side note I love watching this in ESPNews and the Coaches Film Room
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just saw on Twitter where someone posted :

"After tonight, Notre Dame will be looking for a conference to join, because they will never again be in playoffs as an independent."
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
How can you NOT want to play for Herm Edwards?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
OU went for it on 4th and 5 on the 25. I thought no one did that :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Oklahoma has proved they belonged in the Playoffs. ND......not so much
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
UGA obviously belonged over ND. But I still would’ve put ND in. And I despise the Golden Domers. How do you leave an undefeated team out that played their schedule? Wasn’t the best schedule, but it was good enough, an they went undefeated.

A 1-loss UGA probably gets in over 1-loss OK/ND/OSU. But not two losses.

OK belonged. Many saying they wish they could’ve seen UGAvCLEMSON. I agree.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:A 1-loss UGA probably gets in over 1-loss OK/ND/OSU. But not two losses.
Devil's advocate. UGA only had one loss... until the conference championship game. Which, as we all know, ND didn't play in. I don't think the extra loss should have counted against GA any more than the "didn't play in a championship game" should count against ND. If GA was viewed as the better team BEFORE the game, you would have to ask: Did GA's performance in the game change the way you viewed them? The answer: Absolutely not. They hung in with BAMA who was viewed as the "better" team.

The conference championship game should be one tool to evaluate the teams. The lack of playing in one OR the loss in one should not DQ a team.

As I have said before... (a flawed illustration, I know)... If the BEST 13 teams all play one another and IF the BEST team ALWAYS wins, you would have an 0-13 team which would beat any and every other team not in the "top 12." I know my illustration is a bit silly, but there is some truth in it. If you are looking for the "best four teams," ND's 12-0 shouldn't have made a difference.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
How do you know they are the best? Oh wait, if they play in the SEC then they clearly are better than every other team in the nation because, yeah, they are the SEC. I forgot for a moment. :roll:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
How does the committee defend a 2-loss UGA over an undefeated ND?

I wish it could be “best 4”. But we all know that’s not reality. Have to take care of business on the field.

The point of the CFP is do give us an undisputed National Champion. UGA lost to a team in the playoff. So they don’t need to be in it for us to know they’re not the national champion.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Georgia, Ohio State, Florida and LSU were all better teams than Notre Dame. ND got in because they "won one for the Gipper", years ago.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That and they were undefeated..I can see the Georgia argument (though I disagree) but the other 3? Come on man.

UCF, your defending national champions! :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:That and they were undefeated..I can see the Georgia argument (though I disagree) but the other 3? Come on man.

UCF, your defending national champions! :)
UCF would have done better against Clemson than ND
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Georgia, Ohio State, Florida and LSU were all better teams than Notre Dame. ND got in because they "won one for the Gipper", years ago.
I don’t disagree with the first part. The latter played into it. But the fact remains they were undefeated against a good enough schedule.

I would’ve much rather seen UGAvCLEMSON. But the point of the playoff is to eventually give us the best team. Every game before that gets us whittled down to 4. UGA had already been shown NOT to be the best team. We didn’t know about ND yet because they hadn’t been beaten. Now we know.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]