If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:Just as I predicted. Jeff Barber is still an idiot! (I'm still not over how you pushed Danny Rocco out) I hope you do nothing but fail at CSU.
Jr had something to do with that
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What!!?? Jr telling JB what to do!!?? Say it ain't so.

I can understand some of the criticism JB has received but GMTM is a bit over the top...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
CSU has named their new coach. A former Notre Dame player, and I believe he's the RB coach at ND . Press Conference tomorrow. (I can't recall his name)
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
givemethemic wrote:Just as I predicted. Jeff Barber is still an idiot! (I'm still not over how you pushed Danny Rocco out) I hope you do nothing but fail at CSU.
Jr had something to do with that
Very little. JB was mostly responsible for DR leaving. Some directly and some indirectly. JB is in a small enough place now, he can probably handle it. Personally, glad he is gone. LU is much better off without him.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That goes against everything I've ever been told about how that played out. JB certainly wasn't against the idea but it was Jr's call.

It was the right call as it was the right time for both parties to go their seperate ways. Unfortunately, JB botched the hire.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I asked someone, "was Rocco run off or did he leave on his own" ? Answer I was given: "50-50"
Someone = TF, right?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I asked someone, "was Rocco run off or did he leave on his own" ? Answer I was given: "50-50"
Someone = TF, right?
#sources
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Fair enough, but you’re missing the point completely. The question being debated isn’t whether he wa run off or left on his own. The question is, who did the running off, to whatever ratio he was run off?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Everyone can agree that everyone wanted layer gone :D Toman and rocco. Little more conflicting stories there.

Csu will always be a doormat athletically. If any coach has any talent he will jet because the facilities and funding are awful.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Barclay is talented. Has been approached several times. He’s found a great home for his family and for him professionally. It is for some people.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:That goes against everything I've ever been told about how that played out. JB certainly wasn't against the idea but it was Jr's call.

It was the right call as it was the right time for both parties to go their seperate ways. Unfortunately, JB botched the hire.
You really think I am going to make that type of statement without being right about it? There is a reason that Barber blocked me on Twitter years ago and that is because when he pushed Danny Rocco out the door I let him have it. He couldn't handle the criticism, it was a dumb move and I called him out on it. He should have hired Chad Wilt and I hope CSU continues to be horrible as long as Jeff Barber is employed there. Barber made the hire as he was given full authority so I hope it blows up in his face. Anyways back to making money.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m not saying you are wrong but you are not 100% correct either
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Like I said, Barber wasn't completely against it but it wasn't just Barber and I know you know that GMTM.

Regardless of how it played out, it certainly was best for both parties to go their separate ways. Where JB screwed up is with who he hired after him and Jr made the call to go in a different direction from DR.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
If Barber wanted Rocco than Danny stays. He didn't want him so he pushed him out. If Barber tells Jr hey Danny is my guy there wouldn't have been a change. Such is life but I think we can all agree that Barber and Gill being gone is a good thing. Here's to a great run with Ian and Hugh!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Rocco wasn't a fan of The Barber's. I don't think he was too heartbroken with his move to UR. It was a good move for him. He got his HC experience at LU and used it to move himself up the ladder.
You have to kinda laugh now, based on where they have landed.
I am with GMTM regarding JB. I have yet to talk to anyone in the athletic department that misses him. Someone told me that they were forced to cancel the parade that was scheduled to celebrate his departure. :D
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
GMTM, I will give you this...you are loyal to your "boys". Could it be that Denson was just a better hire? we had a conversation on this hire and Wilt is better off. Keep doing well at Army and the offers will come. As for JB, I have zero against him and hope he flourishes at CSU.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Personally I don't think Rocco moved up. It was more of a lateral move. FCS to FCS.
I think LU really had more potential, too.
By Jonathan Carone
bigsmooth wrote:GMTM, I will give you this...you are loyal to your "boys". Could it be that Denson was just a better hire? we had a conversation on this hire and Wilt is better off. Keep doing well at Army and the offers will come. As for JB, I have zero against him and hope he flourishes at CSU.
Perhaps the DL coach at Cincinnati even.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]