If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
He started cleaning this up as soon as he got there. It was less coaches and more an incompetent compliance department. Which has already been turned over and restructured - some with LU connections.

I hate this for Barclay.

I have always liked Hank, but this happened on his watch and completely explains his oddly-timed retirement.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, it actually appears like they are getting off without significant penalties moving forward. That's important for Joe Dailey to ponder if he is still considering that head football coaching vacancy.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Most schools get off easy on NCAA violations. Of the schools caught buying recruits by FBI, how many have been punished by NCAA ? All those schools should be on a long post season ban. But come March all will probably make NCAA tournament.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Most schools get off easy on NCAA violations. Of the schools caught buying recruits by FBI, how many have been punished by NCAA ? All those schools should be on a long post season ban. But come March all will probably make NCAA tournament.
Your opinion is irrelevant to the content of the thread. You are completely ignorant to the issues at Charleston Southern. They didn’t “buy” a single player. They are guilty of improperly certifying the academic progress of their student-athletes, especially the transfer credits of junior college prospects.

When you interject an opinion regarding “buying” recruits into this thread, you slander the coaches at Charleston Southern who did no such thing. I challenge you to study and understand the real issues at Charleston Southern University before ignorantly lumping them in with those universities at the heart of the FBI probe.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I know what happened at CSU, as well as you. I have never said CSU was buying recruits. I was referring to NCAA violations in general, and how light NCAA handles them. I specifically mentioned FBI cases because NCAA hasn't done anything to schools caught by FBI. Please show me where I said CSU was buying recruits. I will be standing by waiting.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I know what happened at CSU, as well as you. I have never said CSU was buying recruits. I was referring to NCAA violations in general, and how light NCAA handles them. I specifically mentioned FBI cases because NCAA hasn't done anything to schools caught by FBI. Please show me where I said CSU was buying recruits. I will be standing by waiting.
Well this IS a thread about Charleston Southern and you brought up buying players and the FBI
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I know what happened at CSU, as well as you. I have never said CSU was buying recruits. I was referring to NCAA violations in general, and how light NCAA handles them. I specifically mentioned FBI cases because NCAA hasn't done anything to schools caught by FBI. Please show me where I said CSU was buying recruits. I will be standing by waiting.
*beep...beep...beep...beep*
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
In defense of ballcoach, this was the first comment after the article

"Times like these make me miss ol' Jerry Tarkanian. The little guys do minor violations and get slammed. Meanwhile, the Baby Blue Blankies in Chapel Hill had fake classes for well over 3 decades yet nothing happens."

The fact that infractions at major programs often get overlooked while programs like CSU take 5heir medicine is the point.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good point. There was a joke for years that UNLV would commit. A violation, and Cleveland State would get punished for it.

There are several power 5 schools that should be on a post season ban now for NCAA violations, yet NCAA looks other way and pretends all is well. When a coach cheats in recruiting, that's the most serious violation there is, in my opinion. NCAA should have known some schools were cheating before FBI became involved.

As for Charleston Southern, I like them more than any BSC school .
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I not believe everything in documentaries . They are produced to make money/TV Ratings. Most are probably produced by liberals.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I not believe everything in documentaries . They are produced to make money/TV Ratings. Most are probably produced by liberals.
You aren’t real.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I not believe everything in documentaries . They are produced to make money/TV Ratings. Most are probably produced by liberals.
You aren’t real.
Based on his associates. He’s frighteningly real
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I will put me and my associates up against an equal number from this board any day of week.
Considering how off your #sources have always been. Let’s just say I admire your loyalty :D
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]