If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have a question for those in the "cheap seats" .

Can integrity be regulated within NCAA , pertaining to scheduling ?

(I ask this question as part of a post I will make later, reference NCAA)
Last edited by ballcoach15 on September 5th, 2018, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’ll take ‘vague and non descriptive “ for $100 Alex
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
And I’m genuinely intrigued!

I feel like I’m setting my own self up.

Ballcoach, can you be more specific? Can you tell me what your idea is of how intengrity relates to scheduling? Maybe we can have a conversation about it and if the NCAA can regulate it, if you can first define it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:And I’m genuinely intrigued!

I feel like I’m setting my own self up.

Ballcoach, can you be more specific? Can you tell me what your idea is of how intengrity relates to scheduling? Maybe we can have a conversation about it and if the NCAA can regulate it, if you can first define it.
Like Alabama OOC football schedule?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It pertains to the Missouri softball deal this past spring, where they "brought out" 2 games with a team with good RPI and replaced them with 2 cupcakes. ( see thread on this in May)

I received a copy of the Minutes from the NCAA Softball Committee Meeting that was held in July. The NCAA addressed this issue and said "integrity cannot be regulated". This is just another example of how weak NCAA leadership is. Basically NCAA is teaching schools to lie. NCAA should not have selected Missouri for NCAA tournament.

And the Committee meeting gets "even better". I will post more on this later.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Very interesting, Ballcoach.

My first take would be that the NCAA can’t directly enforce against the permissions of a contractual agreement. What I mean is, if the contract allowed Missouri to buy out the game, who is the NCAA to directly deny them that choice.

However, the NCAA could INDIRECTLY punish Missouri for infringing upon the integrity of their championship and not allow them to participate by simply not selecting them.

Another solution is that the low-majors simply refuse to play those games. Now Missouri can’t buy wins. I know for a fact there is a movement among NCAA softball coaches to boycott such opponents. It hasn’t gathered a lot of steam yet, but it’s talked about in whispers.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Low majors and mid majors need to play P5 teams to help RPI. In my opinion, NCAA gives too much love to Big 10 and some ACC schools in softball. NCAA needs to give more respect to low and mid majors.

Back to Missouri, NCAA should have never selected Missouri for NCAA tournament last year. Granted they did have a good RPI, but they basically were a .500 team. There were many teams more deserving.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Well, like, that’s you’re opinion and stuff.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Low majors and mid majors need to play P5 teams to help RPI.
But when Missouri plays a bunch of SEC schools, helping their RPI, that shouldn’t be taken into account for their bid to the NCAA TOURNAMENT?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Missouri was actually a SUB-.500 team until they payed off Wichita State and scheduled 2 games against a cupcake (I don´t recall who it was.) Without those 2 wins they would not have qualified for the tournament. It really was super shady, and they got what they deserved in the regionals. Like JK37 said, the NCAA as a ruling body had their hands tied due to contract stipulations, but the selection committee could have served justice and left them out. For whatever reason chose not to.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That's hitting the nail on the head, Olfflame. NCAA says they cannot regulate integrity. Selection committee can regulate it, by non selection. Every year teams with good rpi get left out. As a result of their action, NCCA encourages integrity breaches.

As I posted earlier, the minutes of committee meeting get even better. I will post that when I get time.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I now have time to post more info from the Softball Committee Meeting Minutes:

Areas for Improvement:

Facility Requirements: "some seeded teams still do not have appropriate locker room/team room or restroom facilities available for visiting student-athletes. (this requirement was to have been in place by 2015.) This has become a health-safety issue for student-athletes, and in some cases gamesmanship on the part of host institution.
Starting in 2019, institutions that do not meet requirements, will not be eligible to host the following year, even if they are a seeded team.

Gamesmanship during the NCAA postseason is an issue the NCAA will continue to address with coaches. Major areas to be addressed are, hotels. locker rooms restrooms and treatment of visiting teams.

Why has NCAA continued to allow teams to host when they do not meet requirements ? Requirements were in place for 2015, yet 4 years after the fact, the NCAA still awards host sites to teams that don't meet requirements. I do not know schools involved, but when I get time I will research facilities of each school that hosted this past season.
When a school cannot secure hotels for the 3 visiting teams in a regional, that school should not host.

On a more positive note, softball will use 4 umpires for regional and super regional play starting in 2019.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That must be it. NCAA should know who doesn't have proper facilities. Don't allow them to host. Problem solved.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]