If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
ahhh...

ahhhhhhh...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Is it too late to fake a heart attack?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
He got off with a 3 game suspension. Should have been fired for lying. But Ohio State is one of those "win at any cost" schools.
By Jonathan Carone
He shouldn’t have been fired for lying.

He should’ve been fired for hiring a serial abuser who also had multiple other run ins with the law.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That's also true.

He also lied to leave Florida and show up in Ohio.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It the report says he has “serious memory issues”. So it’s not his fault he lied.

Ballcoach, 11 of the 12 SEC schools are win-at-all-costs, too. Don’t kid yourself.

Meyer was wrong. Is wrong. Will continue to be wrong so long as his value system and moral code can’t compute what is happening. His read statement and presser answers last night reeked more of anger than of contrition. I almost pity the guy for how screwed up he is in the head.

Then I remember he makes $7.6M. Per year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
One of my former Quiz Bowlers is the biggest Ohio State fan I know, and even he thought Meyer should have been FIRED.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:He shouldn’t have been fired for lying.

He should’ve been fired for hiring a serial abuser who also had multiple other run ins with the law.
If his wife didn’t report it or file charges what was Urban supposed to do?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
The latest: apparently Tom Herman (Texas Coach) was the assistant coach at the strip club. Ouch!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

How about not activate his cronies to talk her into not pressing charges? How about not employ such a scum bag poor example to the young men in his football program?

Are you just stirring the pot?

This article sums up everything we talked about Meyer pretty nicely:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... estigation

PH, when reading this pay special attention to how the 2009 allegations were handled. Courtney Smith was talked down from filing charges by Meyer’s loyal cronies.

After seeing all this laid out, I’m convinced Meyer knew, and he was using middle-men and middle-women to keep his distance, thinking distance would save him if things ever came to light. Those middle-men and middle-women (including his own wife) are loyal to him to the core.

Beyond all this, Meyer seems angry all this came about. I think when Courtney Smith agreed not to press charges in 2009, he took that as loyalty from her. She says she decided to speak, because Zach Smith repeatedly violated terms of their divorce. (Hell hath no fury...)

So now that she decided to speak, she’s violated the loyalty Meyer demands from everyone around him. That’s a real Scum Bag move! But I’d be lying to say it isn’t rampant in college sports.

Meyer is probably somewhat ticked at Zach Smith because if he had just behaved himself, maybe Courtney wouldn’t have talked. But maybe she still would have. Either way, Meyer is a real dick.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Tom Herman has been reported to be who tipped Brett McMurphy off to this entire story.
yes, but they both denied it and the source of the report was sketchy.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
it was like they gave a report that 99% of coaches would be fired for. he deleted texts, they basically said, everything he did, he did wrong. aaaaand then suspended him 3 games.

meyer is a michigan killer. there is no way they were going to fire him.

they are in for it though from a media standpoint. i don't think the media is going to let this go.

and he can't be on the sidelines for the game. he can still do everything else. he doesn't even call plays. this punishment is absurd.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

How about not activate his cronies to talk her into not pressing charges? How about not employ such a scum bag poor example to the young men in his football program?

Are you just stirring the pot?

This article sums up everything we talked about Meyer pretty nicely:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... estigation

PH, when reading this pay special attention to how the 2009 allegations were handled. Courtney Smith was talked down from filing charges by Meyer’s loyal cronies.

After seeing all this laid out, I’m convinced Meyer knew, and he was using middle-men and middle-women to keep his distance, thinking distance would save him if things ever came to light. Those middle-men and middle-women (including his own wife) are loyal to him to the core.

Beyond all this, Meyer seems angry all this came about. I think when Courtney Smith agreed not to press charges in 2009, he took that as loyalty from her. She says she decided to speak, because Zach Smith repeatedly violated terms of their divorce. (Hell hath no fury...)

So now that she decided to speak, she’s violated the loyalty Meyer demands from everyone around him. That’s a real Scum Bag move! But I’d be lying to say it isn’t rampant in college sports.

Meyer is probably somewhat ticked at Zach Smith because if he had just behaved himself, maybe Courtney wouldn’t have talked. But maybe she still would have. Either way, Meyer is a real dick.
I admit to not following the ins and out of the story. But my question is legitimate in searching for an answer. Unless there was proof of this abuse I’m not sure what Meyer was supposed to do. Take the word of a third party that’s not law enforcement? Now if he had proof then that is completely different. But it’s a sticky wicket to get involved in someone else’s domestic issues. If Coach A says Coach B is beating his wife Coach A better have proof before I confront Coach B. But if they have proof then steps need to be taken. Yes you get loyalty etc involved and I totally get that. I know there was a history of some sort in FL so that adds another layer It’s just crazy one way or another. Personally I’m not a fan of people who hit their wives. But I’m pretty conservative like that.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
there are pictures. there are texts. its pretty damning. not just the abuse itself but that everyone knew about it. even the report itself speaks to taht. i personally don't care. i enjoy that this will hang over their head. tonight i'm doing a bit of work with 2 huge OSU fans so it will be interesting to talk with them.

Ultimately, if you have a big sign in your lockerroom with a bunch of "rules" and one of them is "respect women" and you have a staffer is obviously doesn't follow such a rule, its really embarassing and should be.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

UVA playing against a mid-pack MEAC team is their […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]