If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Just got word from Scar that he and Nick will be calling the Dunk Contest for The Basketball Tournament (TBT) on the main ESPN Network this Saturday. What an amazing opportunity for both of them on the biggest platform we have in sports.
Sly Fox wrote:Just got word from Scar that he and Nick will be calling the Dunk Contest for The Basketball Tournament (TBT) on the main ESPN Network this Saturday. What an amazing opportunity for both of them on the biggest platform we have in sports.
A dunk contest called by a crew with a career total of 1 dunk :D :D
It's Friday night at 6:30 and it's on ESPN2. The TBT (The Basketball Tournament) is having it's 1st annual dunk contest featuring players that are playing in the TBT.

It will be great to be back with my partner and with a much larger audience than before! We can thank the decision makers at Liberty for firing me and breaking up me and Nick. This opportunity would not have come if not for that moment that has triggered a series of positive events for my career. Thanks LFSN 8) :P :wink:
SCAR knows DUNKS. As TF likes to say, "I've got the video."

[youtube]BAwQng-NkI4[/youtube]
BJWilliams wrote:If l haven't said it before, Nick is gonna get a contract with ESPN sooner rather than later
I would say that the odds of that are slim now, and getting slimmer every day. That has nothing to do with Nick and his talent and experience and everything to do with ESPN and the cesspool of liberalism they have become. I highly doubt they would hire anyone connected with Liberty at this point, and in the shocking event they did offer him, he would be well advised to think long and hard about working there. I believe he is ultimately destined to be the voice of a MLB team.
thepostman wrote:There is an LU alum with a pretty high profile ESPN gig with Sunday NFL countdown.

Just sayin...
Sam gets an exception because she is.......................
exceptional. I don´t think I need to elaborate.
She also got there before they went full-blown SJW.

She has gotten some blowback, especially on social media, for taking a pro-family stance, but ESPN has put up with it so far.
oldflame wrote:
thepostman wrote:There is an LU alum with a pretty high profile ESPN gig with Sunday NFL countdown.

Just sayin...
Sam gets an exception because she is.......................
exceptional. I don´t think I need to elaborate.
She also got there before they went full-blown SJW.

She has gotten some blowback, especially on social media, for taking a pro-family stance, but ESPN has put up with it so far.

Yeah. I mean you aren't completely wrong but at the same time it isnt impossible. I do agree I see him in the baseball world at a high level. Where that will be we will have to wait and see.

This is not a shot at Alan York, because he is a very good, but I still wish LU had made Nick the voice of the Flames. Such is life I suppose but he really is under utilized at LFSN.
ESPN has Liberty grads working and intern for them and has continually praised the work they've done. Same with FSN and CBS sports. I wouldn't be shocked if Nick lands a ESPN gig.

If there is one field that Liberty has respect in its sports media.
I concur with that ballah. I really think Dr Mintle has really taken the sports media side and made it next level. I'm surprised that the Redskins and Nationals are not prominently offered in the Washington Fellowship program
Umm no debate about SCAR getting an ESPN contract? :P Who do you think got Nick this gig guys? I was literally asked who I wanted to work with and I told them to get Nick. Honestly the feedback was so positive and so immediate that it could be a seminal moment for both of us. Hopefully and prayerfully so. But I do agree that Pierce is ready for prime time in a baseball franchise someday soon.
SCAR wrote:Umm no debate about SCAR getting an ESPN contract? :P Who do you think got Nick this gig guys? I was literally asked who I wanted to work with and I told them to get Nick. Honestly the feedback was so positive and so immediate that it could be a seminal moment for both of us. Hopefully and prayerfully so. But I do agree that Pierce is ready for prime time in a baseball franchise someday soon.
We are just trying to keep your ego in check :D

In a serious note LFSN didn't appreciate what they had with you two. It was great seeing you guys together again.
Check out the highlights.

[youtube]CtLqeZoA5g4[/youtube]

SCAR and Nick still have the chemistry!
I love the twist they put in where the 2 finalist face off mano a mano and can block their opponents dunk. I doubt we will see it in the NBA, because it would be a huge disadvantage for a little guy. You wouldn´t see champions like Spud Webb or Nate Robinson with that format.
The guys did an awesome job as we all expected.

For the record, there was an alum anchoring sports in a Top 10 market and under contract with Fox Sports calling and working as an analyst for awhile. I can't recall his name but I believe he might have been an LU alum ...
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]