If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Man Harper put on a blitz unlike anything Ive seen recently in the final last night...he hit 9 home runs on 10 swings in 47 seconds to tie and then blasted a monster to win it and become only the third player EVER to win in front of his home crowd.

There were some pretty epic runs by others too, like Bregman's run that nearly tied him with Schwarber in round 1.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He cheated
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Some say he cheated, but he hit them so far, "they never came down"
Legend has it they're still flying to this very day.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
that guy is the worst person i've ever seen on the internet. yeah i know.

the current 20-30 something demographic is beginning to believe that rules shouldn't exist for basically anything and its going to come back and bite them.

sure why care about the homerun derby rules? its just a fun thing and it was an awesome show. but you better believe that the MLB will have to address it in someway because if i'm competing in it next year i'm telling my pitcher to just start chucking balls as soon as i'm set.

which to me would make the derby even awesomer.

the problem with the derby is that its 3 hours long EVERY year.

both schwarber and harper were great finalists though. it was awesome to watch.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The HR derby is too long. Allow each player 1 or 2 minutes, and let pitcher throw as quickly as he and batter wants to.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I’d just go back to the 10 outs format that was in place for years. No controversy. Also, I don’t like the distance bonus. There are guys who hit a lot of home runs that can’t hit it 440+.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good point. A HR is a HR, whether it goes 440 to upper deck in CF, or 325 down the line.
By Jonathan Carone
adam42381 wrote:I’d just go back to the 10 outs format that was in place for years. No controversy. Also, I don’t like the distance bonus. There are guys who hit a lot of home runs that can’t hit it 440+.
The clock is the best thing to happen to the derby in years.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
adam42381 wrote:I’d just go back to the 10 outs format that was in place for years. No controversy. Also, I don’t like the distance bonus. There are guys who hit a lot of home runs that can’t hit it 440+.
100% agree. Brings a sense of urgency that was missing. I'd rather see something like I saw on Monday night than watching players take 30 pitches in a row or some such boring nonsense
By Class of 20Something
They condensed an 8 player tournament into 3 hours. No one wants to buy tickets, pay for parking, a $4 hot dog $3 peanuts and $12 beer and have the derby over in an hour. The timed tournament format let's people get their moneys worth.

What if you replace the distance bonus with a quantity bonus? 20 in two minutes gets you an extra 30 seconds.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
If they’re gonna use the clock, which I have no problem with, they need to allow the pitchers to throw as quickly as they can. Otherwise you’ll always have guys cheating like Harper and his dad. It’s happened every year. This time is was just more obvious.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i'm down with shortened time, and pitchers just chucking balls as fast as they can. no bonus for distance.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]