If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:A very confused guy. Also Dan Gilbert has a lot to do with that.

LeBron is still better than Durant. Confusion and all.
Using Gilbert as an excuse is just LAME. For 2 reasons. One, Jordan hated the Two Jerry’s in Chicago and Two, LeBron went BACK to play in Cleveland for Gilbert.
Again, LeBron s no stiff. He COULD have been the GOAT. I was almost a believer when he was in Miami. But his inability to be coached and a better teammate is what has stopped his growth. And where KD surpasses him as the best player.

To really throw fuel on the fire, I’d take Klay Thompson over Curry.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Why do you keep bringing up Jordan? This is a Durant/LeBron debate.

Nothing Durant has done has convinced me he is better than LeBron. At this point anyways.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Why do you keep bringing up Jordan? This is a Durant/LeBron debate.

Nothing Durant has done has convinced me he is better than LeBron. At this point anyways.
Cause you keep bringing up Gilbert. So that’s the comparison.
Durant LOVED the ownership group in OKC but he still left. So it’s totally irrelevant
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
LeBron loves Ohio. That is why he went back. He hoped things would be better with Gilbert but they haven't been because Gilbert is a tool.

Durant didn't like his prospects of winning in OKC so he moved on. I don't really have a,problem with that. My problem with Durant is how he has reacted to very minimal criticism. Much like my problem with LeBron was how he went about his move to Miami. Not that he moved to Miami. He admits that how he handled that wasn't the best move. Other then that he handles the press pretty well.

But nome of those things change who is more talented. LeBron is more talented than Durant. He may not be a great teammate but his talent is unrivaled currently in the NBA. That may soon change.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
With all of that said this has been an awful series.

Also why is Ty Lue an NBA coach?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Praise The Lord that NBA season is over. I am glad Warriors won in a sweep.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You've said you don't watch the NBA so I'm not sure why you even care.

I certainly don't care what you think about it considering the ignorance you have spewed about the NBA in this thread and in others.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I am no NBA fan, but best thing that could happen to basketball is for the James guy in Cleveland to retire.
Ballcoach is glad that "the James guy" lost. Play Basketball
By Class of 20Something
Cowherd actually made a good point. Durant throws up 43-13-7 in game 3 and is getting all this praise. Lebron goes 51-8-8 and it's "meh." The Cavs minus Lebron put up 268 points over four games. The Warriors minus KD and Steph put up 239 points. That's how out classed the Cavs were. I don't know why this is even a debate.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:That and Ty Lue has zero business being an NBA coach.
Wasn't he LeBron's guy?
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:getting swept in the finals is a bad look. but its also not a great look to join a 73-9 team to win championships.
How much money do you have to make to stop caring about money and just care about W's? I doubt any of us would deliberately goto a job that is more work for less recognition but the same pay. If the pay isn't a factor, we would all work where we can succeed and be recognized for our success.
Durant actually makes significantly less, even more so when you factor in taxes.
By Class of 20Something
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:getting swept in the finals is a bad look. but its also not a great look to join a 73-9 team to win championships.
How much money do you have to make to stop caring about money and just care about W's? I doubt any of us would deliberately goto a job that is more work for less recognition but the same pay. If the pay isn't a factor, we would all work where we can succeed and be recognized for our success.
Durant actually makes significantly less, even more so when you factor in taxes.
Case and point. Dude just wants dubs
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:I don't like comparing different era's anyways but the Jordan/LeBron debate is just stupid.
The easy way to shut down the discussion is ask which era's rules are being used. Jordan would foul out in 15 minutes in today's league. Lebron would get bullied in the 90's.
Jordan would not foul out. It’s still a Star League. But LeBron would not get away with his theatrics against the Pistons or the Knicks or the Celtics or the Bulls or the Lakers.
As a fan of the Bad Boys I would have loved to see him try to play like he does now with Rodman or Dumars guarding him and then running into Mahorn or Lambeer. Ouch. He would t have made 8 straight finals that’s for sure. Jordan had to go through that and it’s what earned him the respect from his peers he didn’t have early on
As a fan of actual basketball instead of weight room, bully basketball, I'd love to see those Pistons teams try to play in today's game. I doubt they would even compete for a championship.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Cowherd actually made a good point. Durant throws up 43-13-7 in game 3 and is getting all this praise. Lebron goes 51-8-8 and it's "meh." The Cavs minus Lebron put up 268 points over four games. The Warriors minus KD and Steph put up 239 points. That's how out classed the Cavs were. I don't know why this is even a debate.
Because LeBron lost.
Because LeBron isn’t a great teammate
Because LeBron can put up good numbers but good numbers don’t equal greatness

LeBron is great at collecting Stats
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Wasn't he LeBron's guy?
Maybe but that is a great example as to why Cleveland sucks without LeBron. They allow him to literally run everything. Pat Riley certainly didn't play those games and even though Miami tipped when LeBron left they didn't completely bottom out because it's not a joke of an organization like Cleveland is

LeBron is the most talented player in the NBA but he certainly isn't the brightest basketball mind.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Wasn't he LeBron's guy?
Yep. LeBron is not very coachable. Happy Mike Brown is collecting rings on the Warriors bench. Spolestra only survived because Riley wouldn’t fire him on LeBron’s request. Which is one of the reasons why LeBron left. Ironically I felt that’s when he was on track to reaching his potential
This is also LeBrons team. He wanted the roster over hauled and it was. No reason to get rid of Kyrie. I can see why they jettisoned Isaiah. They would have jettisoned Love if they could have found any takers.
And Mark Jackson has a serious Man Crush on LeBron. It was truly nauseating to hear him last night. He kept talking about LeBrons greatness and what an inspiration he was to his team......as they were getting the tar beat out of them.......and swept.....at Home. Plus he was making the case that LeBron should be series MVP. How in THE WORLD do you think a guy on a team who went 0-4 in The Finals wins MVP?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think LeBron is the best player in the league but it is never a good idea to give any player the power Cleveland has given LeBron. He is far from the brightest basketball mind out there.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I think LeBron is the best player in the league but it is never a good idea to give any player the power Cleveland has given LeBron. He is far from the brightest basketball mind out there.
On that we can both agree
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
thepostman wrote:He has every right to do what he did and I wouldn't want the system to prevent it from happening. But it doesn't mean I won't think less of him as a competitor.
yup. and it wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't get sand in his vag about it when its brought up. he's so triggered by any mention of it, you know he knows its going to haunt him.

he'll end up being a top 20 player of all time in my mind. but that will be his legacy.
Man, I'll be honest. I didn't expect this comment on this board. I browse Reddit regularly and am prepared for that kind of stuff there, but just call the dude salty. There are plenty of clever ways to do that.

For full transparency, I was a military cop. That's mundane in that line of work. But we should all be trying to make each other better here.
you're welcome
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
What about leaving for a team to form the first Super Team saying you are going to win 7 championships, lose to a team with only one legit star then turn around and go back to the team he left in the first place?
kind of the same on the surface. but also very different. the first created super team was Boston btw. the way miami happened was bad but he was still young and had bad advisors/espn all up in his business. Dan gilbert is one of the worst owners in the NBA who continually put crap around lebron. so i had no issue with him leaving. I think jordan might of if he hadn't signed that long term deal in 89ish and they didn't get pippen. but he was also building a brand around that color scheme and team too.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: As a fan of actual basketball instead of weight room, bully basketball, I'd love to see those Pistons teams try to play in today's game. I doubt they would even compete for a championship.
the greatness of the pistons wasn't just the ability to wear you down, they were also a team that was dynamically unselfish on offense yet had 6 guys who could score. they'd have no issue in todays game if given the same resources.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
you guys can't blame Durant going with a trend that Lebron started when he went to miami. They both did the same thing to go get a championship. the only difference is lebron went back.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote: As a fan of actual basketball instead of weight room, bully basketball, I'd love to see those Pistons teams try to play in today's game. I doubt they would even compete for a championship.
the greatness of the pistons wasn't just the ability to wear you down, they were also a team that was dynamically unselfish on offense yet had 6 guys who could score. they'd have no issue in todays game if given the same resources.
I read this as him not liking the way LeBron plays. Cause that’s pretty descriptive of his offensive game. Back in the Bad Boys Days weight lifting wasn’t that pervasive whereas today EVERYONE hits the weight room
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]