If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
nah, jordan would score 40 a night and lebron would be a monster back in the day. like a roided up magic. jordan however would be embroiled in controversy all the time with todays media.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Can you imagine any of the 80's/90's stars in today social media climate??? They would of been eaten alive.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
thepostman wrote:I don't like comparing different era's anyways but the Jordan/LeBron debate is just stupid.
The easy way to shut down the discussion is ask which era's rules are being used. Jordan would foul out in 15 minutes in today's league. Lebron would get bullied in the 90's.
Jordan would not foul out. It’s still a Star League. But LeBron would not get away with his theatrics against the Pistons or the Knicks or the Celtics or the Bulls or the Lakers.
As a fan of the Bad Boys I would have loved to see him try to play like he does now with Rodman or Dumars guarding him and then running into Mahorn or Lambeer. Ouch. He would t have made 8 straight finals that’s for sure. Jordan had to go through that and it’s what earned him the respect from his peers he didn’t have early on
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This. Right here is why I do not care for LeBron If you don’t know why this is a problem then you have problems. This is why I’d take Durant. This is why he has a losing record in the Finals. This is why he will never be the GOAT

http://ballislife.com/unseen-uncut-hear ... ke-in-gm1/
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Can you imagine any of the 80's/90's stars in today social media climate??? They would of been eaten alive.
barkley and jordan. sheeeesh. but then they'd of also had the training regemines and other things the athletes today have. still would of been beasts.

thats where i have some pretty big admiration for lebron. this guy was basically touted as a superstar when he was in jr high. think about that. having that in your head. and then still succeeding. probably even at a greater clip than anyone imagined. the guy has been relatively unscathed by scandal. sure he's had some missteps with the announcement (he even turned that into a huge donation to charity) but ultimately he's killed it in the public eye to me.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
durant can get shook by media and social media. no thanks.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Durant, PH??? He has been crying all year about how he is 'portrayed by the media' and they are pretty nice to him overall.

He is shielded now because of Steph. He is weak minded and that is why he joined his biggest rival. Way worse than what LeBron did when he hightailed it to Miami to join his buddies.

LeBron is not a great leader but at the same time Jordan punched a teammate and he is who LeBron is often measured against but Jordan was lucky and didn't have cameras stuck in his face nearly 24/7.

I'm not a LeBron fan but if he were on the Orlando Magic I would easily accept his stupidity if it meant Finals appearances every year I would be ok with it.
By Jonathan Carone
RubberMallet wrote:durant can get shook by media and social media. no thanks.
If we’re talking mentality and leadership, there’s no way you can choose Durant. That dude is incredible offensively but as mentally frail as they come.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This guy explains why LeBron can never be the GOAT. Same play was talked about at The Purple Chalet. Your gonna let Curry take you out on that pick? Child please

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't seen anybody here claiming LeBron is the GOAT but thanks, ballcoach, for adding this meaningless Facebook post to the conversation ;)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I haven't seen anybody here claiming LeBron is the GOAT but thanks, ballcoach, for adding this meaningless Facebook post to the conversation ;)
So you can’t find anything to disagree with from the dudes take so you try to deflect. Nice job Junior Bird Man :D
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
getting swept in the finals is a bad look. but its also not a great look to join a 73-9 team to win championships.
By Class of 20Something
RubberMallet wrote:getting swept in the finals is a bad look. but its also not a great look to join a 73-9 team to win championships.
How much money do you have to make to stop caring about money and just care about W's? I doubt any of us would deliberately goto a job that is more work for less recognition but the same pay. If the pay isn't a factor, we would all work where we can succeed and be recognized for our success.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:getting swept in the finals is a bad look. but its also not a great look to join a 73-9 team to win championships.
You mean the 73-9 team that DIDNT win the championship that year?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If you go that path then you have to question Free Agency in general
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He has every right to do what he did and I wouldn't want the system to prevent it from happening. But it doesn't mean I won't think less of him as a competitor.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:He has every right to do what he did and I wouldn't want the system to prevent it from happening. But it doesn't mean I won't think less of him as a competitor.
Let's see, make tons of money doing what you love, great teammates, and winning! Yeah I think he was a total dirtbag for doing that.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If you follow what I've said about Durant throughout thks thread you would know that is not all I am critical of him about. I don't think Durant is a bad guy. This is a Durant vs LeBron debate and my opinion is LeBron is by far the better all around player.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:He has every right to do what he did and I wouldn't want the system to prevent it from happening. But it doesn't mean I won't think less of him as a competitor.
yup. and it wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't get sand in his vag about it when its brought up. he's so triggered by any mention of it, you know he knows its going to haunt him.

he'll end up being a top 20 player of all time in my mind. but that will be his legacy.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
nobodies called him a dirtbag. he's just kind of soft.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
yup. and it wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't get sand in his vag about it when its brought up. he's so triggered by any mention of it, you know he knows its going to haunt him.

he'll end up being a top 20 player of all time in my mind. but that will be his legacy.
Yeah. Agreed completely.

When you leave a team for another team there will be people upset. It's the nature of the beast of professional sports.
By Class of 20Something
RubberMallet wrote:

Man, I'll be honest. I didn't expect this comment on this board. I browse Reddit regularly and am prepared for that kind of stuff there, but just call the dude salty. There are plenty of clever ways to do that.

For full transparency, I was a military cop. That's mundane in that line of work. But we should all be trying to make each other better here.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:

Yeah. Agreed completely.

When you leave a team for another team there will be people upset. It's the nature of the beast of professional sports.
What about leaving for a team to form the first Super Team saying you are going to win 7 championships, lose to a team with only one legit star then turn around and go back to the team he left in the first place?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A very confused guy. Also Dan Gilbert has a lot to do with that.

LeBron is still better than Durant. Confusion and all.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]