If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Yea, being in the east has helped. But the Cavs without LeBron wouldn't sniff the playoffs. I don't think there's a player in the league right now could do what he has really done the past 9 years.

This isn't a GOAT debate because those debates are not winnable. Different eras with different rules. You just can't compare.
You put Durant with those Heat teams with just Wade? He’d still be there and they’d still be winning Championships
I agree that this year the Cavs are atrocious without him. But they had to go the distance against a very young and surprising Pacers team. And a Celtics team that lost the series more than Cleveland won it. Prior to that he had Kyrie which helped a ton so it wasn’t all him. And look......Kyrie is gone
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:Yea, being in the east has helped. But the Cavs without LeBron wouldn't sniff the playoffs. I don't think there's a player in the league right now could do what he has really done the past 9 years.

This isn't a GOAT debate because those debates are not winnable. Different eras with different rules. You just can't compare.
You put Durant with those Heat teams with just Wade? He’d still be there and they’d still be winning Championships
I agree that this year the Cavs are atrocious without him. But they had to go the distance against a very young and surprising Pacers team. And a Celtics team that lost the series more than Cleveland won it. Prior to that he had Kyrie which helped a ton so it wasn’t all him. And look......Kyrie is gone
He had Russel Westbrook who is, arguably, better than Wade and we all saw how that went.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Lebron’s mental game is so much better than Durant. There’s no comparison there.
LeBron is a mental midget. His mental game is his biggest detriment because he thinks his way is the best way but it isn’t. The coaches that have tried to push him to another level of excellence haven’t lasted very long in Cleveland and he wanted to run Spolstra out of Miami.(when he was arguably at his best)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

He had Russel Westbrook who is, arguably, better than Wade and we all saw how that went.
Wha.....!? Do they still drug test in the AF? Wade was a much better player than Westbrook. Wade actually took his team to a ring before James got there
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:With Shaq.
End of his career Shaq
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Fair enough but he was still better than Phoenix Suns Shaq. He played well in the playoffs which is really all they wanted from him.

I think wade is the better teammate but Westbrook is the better player. Which Is why I said arguably.

Either way LeBron is still the best player in the league. His team has been elevated because of him and despite an awful coach.

LeBron really should just go to San Antonio. Imagine what Pop could do with him and get out of him. I'd love to see that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Fair enough but he was still better than Phoenix Suns Shaq. He played well in the playoffs which is really all they wanted from him.

I think wade is the better teammate but Westbrook is the better player. Which Is why I said arguably.

Either way LeBron is still the best player in the league. His team has been elevated because of him and despite an awful coach.

LeBron really should just go to San Antonio. Imagine what Pop could do with him and get out of him. I'd love to see that.
The Spurs are like the Patriots of the NBA. No way LeBron vould buy into that system or take Pop’s coaching style. I’m still hoping for the Lakers so Lavar and Byron can be in the spotlight together :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I used to be a slight NBA fan, until I woke up one morning and got the NBA and WWE confused.

NBA is no longer pure basketball, it's programmed entertainment . Focus is no longer on teams, it's on about 4 or 5 players. When any one player is bigger than his team, there's a problem.

Example: One never hears about how many championships Cleveland has won, it's always how many James has won.

I have never watched that James guy play a single game on TV. I wouldn't know who he was if I saw him at a college softball game, or a baseball game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I used to be a slight NBA fan, until I woke up one morning and got the NBA and WWE confused.

NBA is no longer pure basketball, it's programmed entertainment . Focus is no longer on teams, it's on about 4 or 5 players. When any one player is bigger than his team, there's a problem.

Example: One never hears about how many championships Cleveland has won, it's always how many James has won.

I have never watched that James guy play a single game on TV. I wouldn't know who he was if I saw him at a college softball game, or a baseball game.
Look who’s got jokes this early in the morning :rofl :rofl :rofl
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I used to be a slight NBA fan, until I woke up one morning and got the NBA and WWE confused.

The fact you have mentioned many times that you haven't watched the league in over 20 years pretty much completely voids your opinion.

But thanks for contributing and providing more examples as to why I dismiss everything you say.

PS the NBA has very few teams who are iso heavy. That's been the case for several seasons now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:

The fact you have mentioned many times that you haven't watched the league in over 20 years pretty much completely voids your opinion.

But thanks for contributing and providing more examples as to why I dismiss everything you say.

PS the NBA has very few teams who are iso heavy. That's been the case for several seasons now.
How many players does a team have on the court at any one time? See? He’s got jokes!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:

How many players does a team have on the court at any one time? See? He’s got jokes!
I think he means 4-5 players across the league rather than the teams themselves, i.e. - LBJ, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Durant...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No. He said he is always clear. So that’s how I took it. You took it another way. He was saying it wasn’t on Teams but 4 or 5 players. That is a Starting Line Up or so but certainly not a Team.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I think LeBron goes West this summer.
its possible, but i don't think he wants to face that juggernaut at this point in his career.

he's already sleptwalk to the finals the past 8 years of his career and people adore him for it. i see no reason why he'd not continue that.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Who is better than him? This Cleveland team would be absolutely awful without him. I don't see Durant or any other player in the league today that would take this Cavs team to 4 NBA finals in a row.

I use to downplay LeBron's greatness but he is without a doubt the best player in the world today.

The business side can be debated but i just don't see how his greatness can be.
while i agree to an extent, but this team in nowhere near as awful as its made out to be.

lebron is the best thing to happen to the nba in a long time. durant to the warriors is probably the worst.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Lebron’s mental game is so much better than Durant. There’s no comparison there.
durant got defensive because he was called out for leaving a team to go to an already winning team to get his championship. and he took it poorly. it damaged his legacy. lashed out, played the victim. really bad look.

lebron has always done well with that kind of criticism...not perfect mind you but well.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I agree. He can’t run teams in the West and do as well as he has in the East as player/coach/GM of Miami and Cleveland.

The NBA was easily confused with WWE in the 80’s and 90’s. Now, it is the breeding ground for strategic innovation. I agree, Ballcoach, that it is designed for entertainment first. But the quality of basketball, the mechanics and fundamentals of team play, and even the rules have completely changed from when you last watched a game. I’m not a die-hard, but I watch certain teams and coaches every so often. I, too, am not a fan of Lebron’s style, but I get it. He is the greatest combination of physical and individual talent the game has seen, and we should appreciate it while we can. Further, Golden State is the greatest team in the history of the league. And those two - greatest team and greatest player - is what makes this Finals so compelling to me.

All that said, the best basketball anywhere in the world right now is being played in the NBA.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. everything you've just said has been wrong. like almost to the point where i think you may be a bot. like some experimental argument bot where you say absurd things and record the response.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts

they could in the east. i think people don't really take into consideration how terrible historically the east has been the last 8 years.

there are very few hall of famers coming out of the last 8 years of the east. i'm talking players in their prime. not like gasol with 2 years as a bull. and many of the hof'ers were on lebrons teams. there have only been 2 other 1st team all nba guys in those 8 years. the west is just full of guys.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I really think how bad the east is has been overplayed. Don't get me wrong the West is deeper but the east always has 2 to 3 teams that would be very competitive in the West.

I still don't think there is a single player who could lead their team to the finals 8 straight years like LeBron has. Even if they were in the east.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
toronto is a paper tiger, the bulls were never really contenders, the celtics now barring health def are. but all thats left are ankle biters.

i think that only takes away from lebron in the realm of the jordan/lebron discussion. jordan faced juggernauts throughout his career. historic teams and historic players. but taking that tired argument away, lebron and what he does is something to behold. curry is to but in a different way.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't like comparing different era's anyways but the Jordan/LeBron debate is just stupid.
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:I don't like comparing different era's anyways but the Jordan/LeBron debate is just stupid.
The easy way to shut down the discussion is ask which era's rules are being used. Jordan would foul out in 15 minutes in today's league. Lebron would get bullied in the 90's.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]