If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The A SUN conference got 2 teams in. Stetson is a regional host and Jacksonville made it as at large team. Stetson had final RPI of 4, while Jacksonville had RPI of 23.
By LUDad
ballcoach15 wrote:The A SUN conference got 2 teams in. Stetson is a regional host and Jacksonville made it as at large team. Stetson had final RPI of 4, while Jacksonville had RPI of 23.
A one seed and a two seed. Question is, can the ASun become a three bid conference. Add Kennesaw State, N. Flordia, Liberty, etc. and it may that elusive third bid we are playing for. Our very best rpi recently has been what, mid 30's to high 40's. Don't know if that will be enough to take away that third bid from the ACC or SEC...
By LUDad
We will be adding 3 game sets against the likes of Stetson & Jacksonville. However, remember that we had 3 game sets against UNC and St. John's this year along with games against Duke, etc. I thinking we will likely need to be around 40 wins to get a bid.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think its realistic that st johns and unc are both home 3 game sets next year. We will continue with duke vt and uva. The rest is up in the air. I like having wake and wouldnt mind picking up state as well.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I went to Chapel Hill today to see UNC vs Stetson in Super Regional. UNC won 7-4. Score was tied at 1-1 midway in game , UNC batter walked on a borderline 3-2 pitch with 2 outs. Next batter hit 3 run homer.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:UNC batter walked on a borderline 3-2 pitch with 2 outs. Next batter hit 3 run homer.
Sounds like UNC enjoyed some "home cooking" from the umpires. Poor Stetson. :banghead
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Honest question, where were you sitting? And just wondering how full was the ball park?

Was the pitch borderline inside/outside or high/low?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Crooked umps again?
Do you even need to ask? He’s the Alex Jones of officiating
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No, not all, but often times an umpire will miss a call that has a lot to do with outcome of game.
But you never did. And obviously they do it on purpose
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No, not all, but often times an umpire will miss a call that has a lot to do with outcome of game.
I’m speechless.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]