If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A quarter of them are SEC schools.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Half the field is set:

Oklahoma
UCLA
Georgia
Florida
WCWS field:

Arizona State (over SC)
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Oklahoma
Oregon
UCLA
Washington

So much for SEC dominance. The only 2 SEC teams that advanced won over other SEC teams. The other 5 in the super-regional all lost.

Conference breakdown:
PAC-12 4
SEC 2
Big 12 1
ACC 1
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe the "home team" won every Super Regional.
That looks to be correct. Going 8-0 is beyond what you would expect from home field advantage, but of course they were all hosting because they were rated higher.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think home team has huge advantage in Regional and Super Regional, but more in Supers

After further review, home team did win every Regional. NCAA tilted brackets to give PAC 12 an advantage in Super Regionals.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think home team has huge advantage in Regional and Super Regional, but more in Supers

After further review, home team did win every Regional. NCAA tilted brackets to give PAC 12 an advantage in Super Regionals.
:BS
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Fork you!

Of course if the SEC doesn’t perform, its NCAA bias. Ballcoach, just stop it.

California has more native D-I softball players than any other state. Arizona is third. PAC 12 keeps them close to home - not too shabby.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Did the Committee let them have more players? More outs? Spot them runs?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That is true, but break down the brackets and you will see PAC 12 got a lot of help from Committee.
The SEC got EVERY. SINGLE. TEAM. into the tourney. You yourself were PO’ed at Missouri. I think the bottom third of SEC got too much credit, and while the committee let them in, they gave PAC12 more respect at top.

Oklahoma is still the most complete team I’ve seen this year. Scary good.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If the SEC was truly as good as you say they were they schools wouldn't of had any issue with a little thing like home field advantage.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That is true, but break down the brackets and you will see PAC 12 got a lot of help from Committee.
What you are basically saying is that placing every team in the SEC in the tournament was not enough, they should have also given them all home field advantage in the super regionals. Ridiculous.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
4 games on tap for today starting at 12:00 (1100 CT)

Oregon vs Arizona State
Oklahoma vs. Washington
Florida vs Georgia
UCLA vs Florida State
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A lot of match-ups beginning with Super Regionals, raises some questions . Just one "seeding" of "one team", can tilt entire tournament. Looks as if Committee was trying to insure 1 or 2 certain teams meet in finals.

But there's one given, only Oklahoma has home field advantage now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Florida vs Georgia huh???

NCAA at it again. Trying to hold the SEC down!!!

Man that felt dirty go type.
Oregon v ASU ? East of the Mississippi Bias!! The NCAA is trying to keep the PAC 10 down!!!

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]