If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I thought Oklahoma was mostmcompete team I saw all season, but I only saw Washington once this year, and even that not a compete game. Their pitching and defense is impressive.

As for the game at hand, UCLA was better. Any argument otherwise is being made by a blind man or a homer.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I watched replay of game on some ESPN website.

Umpire gave that game to ucla
At what point did that happen? Florida led most of the game. Did the Umpires get together and say “if there’s a foul fly out, with a play at the plate let’s make sure we call the UCLA player safe’. How do these conspiracies work exactly :dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

At what point did that happen? Florida led most of the game. Did the Umpires get together and say “if there’s a foul fly out, with a play at the plate let’s make sure we call the UCLA player safe’. How do these conspiracies work exactly :dontgetit
Obviously the ump made a bad call or two but blaming the entire loss on him is just insanity.

Not shocking, considering the source.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Obviously the ump made a bad call or two but blaming the entire loss on him is just insanity.

Not shocking, considering the source.
Considering there has never been a perfectly officiated game, I’m just curious how these Conspiracies work
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I use to blame so much on officiating crews when i was younger. If ballcoach was younger it would at least make sense but he isn't and he really should know better.

I remember in high school and college just getting completely irate at refs. Then I grew up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I use to blame so much on officiating crews when i was younger. If ballcoach was younger it would at least make sense but he isn't and he really should know better.

I remember in high school and college just getting completely irate at refs. Then I grew up.
Try BEING an Official. You would think with all his knowledge and free time ballcoach would want to pass on this wisdom and share it with others. You’d think he want to clean up Umpiring by becoming one and spreading his unbiased world view to benefit posterity
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Not sure, but I think ballcoach used to umpire. :oldhag

In other news, FLA State beat UCLA, 3-1, to force the second game of a double header. :shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have probably umpired more softball games than most on this board have seen. I started umpiring at age 15, making 2.50 a game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, when did you STOP umpiring?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have probably umpired more softball games than most on this board have seen. I started umpiring at age 15, making 2.50 a game.
Were you perfect? Strike zone consistent???
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:My strike zone was always the same. If batter took the pitch and the catcher caught it, it was a strike.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Rec League Wonder!

So what were the meeting like when you were told to make sure one team won and the other lost?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:My strike zone was always the same. If batter took the pitch and the catcher caught it, it was a strike.

:dontgetit :dontgetit :dontgetit

So that is the definition of a strike?? As long as the catcher catches it, it's good???

Wow...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:

:dontgetit :dontgetit :dontgetit

So that is the definition of a strike?? As long as the catcher catches it, it's good???

Wow...
He was paid $2.50 a game. You get what you pay for....
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:But the integrity of the game!!!
I’m just excited to hear about the meetings held by his bosses telling him which team he should let win
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Will that help me understand your strike zone a bit better??
Did the pitcher throw it? Did the catcher catch it? Then it’s a strike. Try to keep up Study
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think all you folks should attend most LU home games in 2019. Maybe you can learn a little about the game.
I’ve asked specific questions about the game to someone ‘in the know’ that going to 1 game or 100 won’t help.
Answer the question. How did you determine who would win or lose? As a follow up who decided that?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:Will that help me understand your strike zone a bit better??
Did the pitcher throw it? Did the catcher catch it? Then it’s a strike. Try to keep up Study
At least he's consistent!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]