If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
My strike zone was a joke.

I always called balls and strikes IAW Rule Book. I did not invent my own like many umpires do today.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: I started umpiring at age 15, making 2.50 a game.
OVER PAID
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:My strike zone was a joke.

I always called balls and strikes IAW Rule Book. I did not invent my own like many umpires do today.
You still didn't answer PH's question.

Very suspicious. :D
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
FLA State beating UCLA, 12-6, in the bottom of the 6th inning.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:My strike zone was a joke.

You still didn't answer PH's question.

Very suspicious. :D
He’s trying to distract us with a non answer. Saying you call it by the rule book doesn’t mean you always got it right. Nor does it tell us who he was taking directions from to make sure one team won and the other did not..... :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:FLA State beating UCLA, 12-6, in the bottom of the 6th inning.
Clearly the umpires want FSU to win
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
FLA State WINS 12-6 over UCLA. :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Well the umpires obviously liked FSU more than UCLA
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't been inside the umpire meetings so I am not sure which team they are pulling for. Do you have any intel on that, ballcoach?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I haven't been inside the umpire meetings so I am not sure which team they are pulling for. Do you have any intel on that, ballcoach?
He can’t even answer that question from the days he umpired rec league. I’m not picking a team if he already knows who the umpires are going allow to win. ITS A TRAP!!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m going with Washington, but girl does it look close!

Ballcoach, I started umpiring at 14. Have had to take a few breaks for professional reasons. I am now I n middle of my 11th season. Umps make mistakes, just like coaches and players. But to think that one would get this far nationally and consciously choose to impugn the integrity of the game and themself is ludicrous. A well-trained umpire doesn’t have time to stop and think, “Who benefits more from this call?” They operate on objective judgment and instinct. And sometimes they get it wrong. Honestly, Ballcoach, I can’t believe you’re calling into question the integrity of one of your fellow brothers or sisters of the umpiring corps this way. If you have the experience you claim to have umpiring - and I wouldnt dream of calling your integrity into question by suggesting otherwise - then how can you say those things about umpires? I expect more, because if you’ve umpired, then I hold you to a higher standard. You should know better. To behave in such a way is to act like a low-rung fan. Both teams played the game, and several mistakes were made by every entity involved. It’s the “human element”, and it’s what makes this game great.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I’m going with Washington, but girl does it look close!

Ballcoach, I started umpiring at 14. Have had to take a few breaks for professional reasons. I am now I n middle of my 11th season. Umps make mistakes, just like coaches and players. But to think that one would get this far nationally and consciously choose to impugn the integrity of the game and themself is ludicrous. A well-trained umpire doesn’t have time to stop and think, “Who benefits more from this call?” They operate on objective judgment and instinct. And sometimes they get it wrong. Honestly, Ballcoach, I can’t believe you’re calling into question the integrity of one of your fellow brothers or sisters of the umpiring corps this way. If you have the experience you claim to have umpiring - and I wouldnt dream of calling your integrity into question by suggesting otherwise - then how can you say those things about umpires? I expect more, because if you’ve umpired, then I hold you to a higher standard. You should know better. To behave in such a way is to act like a low-rung fan. Both teams played the game, and several mistakes were made by every entity involved. It’s the “human element”, and it’s what makes this game great.
Ladies and Gentlemen (and Postie) the Mic has been dropped!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I didn't realize my gender was in question.

I'd be insulted if it weren't for the source :lol:
I don’t know how they classify now in the USCF
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if Ballcoach umpired back when they had those big shield-type chest protectors.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I really enjoy how ballcoach intentionally ignores anytime he is ever called out. It's sad and comical all at the same time.

He has somehow passed BJ Williams as most entertaining poster for all the wrong reasons. ( love ya Beej)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: ballcoach...has somehow passed BJ Williams as most entertaining poster. ( love ya Beej)
:clapping :nod
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I really enjoy how ballcoach intentionally ignores anytime he is ever called out. It's sad and comical all at the same time.

He has somehow passed BJ Williams as most entertaining poster for all the wrong reasons. ( love ya Beej)
Beej at least could give a rationale behind his thinking
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]