If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, no comment on the sac. fly where the UCLA runner was clearly out but ruled SAFE by the home plate umpire? (Maybe you were sleeping). Clearly, a West Coast bias over our beloved SEC.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Because a team can't win unless they get help from the officiating crew.

Unless it's LU or some other team ballcoach cheers for, then they win due to their talent. Normally despite bad officiating.

Did I get that right??
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I was sleeping. A guy called me this morning and said plate umpire was pro UCLA. He said umpire was bad.
#sources
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It was a guy who lives about 2 hours from Lynchburg. I googled the play to review it. The girl from UCLA was out. Umpire wasn't even looking at tag. I am not sure he was looking at the play.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Probably too busy cheering for them to make the proper call
Why look at the play when you already know what you’re going to call?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Anyone who saw that game will say umpire was bad, and basically gave UCLA the game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either dishonest or doesn't know softball.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Anyone who saw that game will say umpire was bad, and basically gave UCLA the game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either dishonest or doesn't know softball.
Wait, did you see the game????
ballcoach15 wrote:I was sleeping. A guy called me this morning and said plate umpire was pro UCLA. He said umpire was bad.
Oh, right. You didn't. You were sleeping. I remember now. Your sources have an awful track record.

Also good teams still overcome bad officiating.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No matter who wins, this World Series will always be remembered by bad umpire in UCLA-Florida game. That crooked umpire changed the series.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No matter who wins, this World Series will always be remembered by bad umpire in UCLA-Florida game. That crooked umpire changed the series.
How does missing (arguably) a call make you ‘crooked’?
Also, walk out into the street or go into you local Sports Bar and ask 10 random folks who won the College Softball WS last year. Well below 1/2 will know.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:10 random? I’d be surprised if 2 people knew. ESPN loses money on televising it every year.
I was being SUPER generous. Plus I said Sports bar so you might stumble on a few there.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good-bye Oklahoma

As for crooked umpire. He blew call on play at plate, then compounded the situation by calling strikes on balls outside of zone on the Florida batters.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Good-bye Oklahoma

As for crooked umpire. He blew call on play at plate, then compounded the situation by calling strikes on balls outside of zone on the Florida batters.
Did they also throw the wild pitches? Hit two home runs?
Of course you forgot that the umpire called balls on strikes in the zone for UCLA. It’s obvious to the most rudimentary softball observer
How did that Home field advantage work out for The Sooners?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Good-bye Oklahoma

You caught that from highlights since you were actually sleeping during the game. Want to make sure we keep the context.

Oh yeah and the guy who lives 2 doors down from you.

I've said it so many times to you but good teams overcome bad calls.
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]