If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Ok
He’s asking for someone to help him with his resume. He wants the LU job when Dot leaves for a P5 job
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Missouri fired their interim coach today. 2 P5 jobs open. Probably more to come.
It was an INTERUM coach who engineered that fiasco to buy a tournament bid? Wow.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
As far as Dot leaving for a P5 job is concerned, I just don´t see it. She was happy as a clam running the national softball center, and never showed the least interest in coaching til Liberty called. She came to LU because of the uniqueness of the situation, and now she also has one of the best facilities anywhere, and is well on her way to building an elite program. I´d be shocked.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Plus, she's out of the Big South and in the ASUN, with all those trips to Florida.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I like the ASUN more every day.
So, will you feel that way if we finish 3rd next year? Could happen. KSU and FGCU are both clearly better than anyone we had to play in the BSC, and Lipscomb actually had a better RPI than Longwood too.

I do think it will be a good opportunity for us to step up our game, especially in recruiting, but let´s not whine if the pitcher from Amherst is the last local girl we sign for a while.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
So, will you feel that way if we finish 3rd next year? Could happen. KSU and FGCU are both clearly better than anyone we had to play in the BSC, and Lipscomb actually had a better RPI than Longwood too.

I do think it will be a good opportunity for us to step up our game, especially in recruiting, but let´s not whine if the pitcher from Amherst is the last local girl we sign for a while.
Do all the ASUN schools have Football :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:

We took program to a higher level this past season, thus we need to build on that success. ASUN is considered the best mid major conference for softball. I will feel ASUN is better for us, no matter where we finish. But anything less than NCAA Regional will be a disappointment. I fully expect us to be better next year than this year. We need to schedule and beat some high RPI teams , top 10 RPI at that.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
oldflame wrote:

Do all the ASUN schools have Football :dontgetit
Good point. Most of the ASun schools should drop to D2 status if we use the philosophy of ballcoach.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Bottom line is, Liberty has outgrown the BSC. We are now in conference where we can continue to grow, and make some noise in softball and baseball, and hopefully basketball. As for football playing SEC, ACC schools among others , will be better than playing BSC schools.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
oldflame wrote:

We took program to a higher level this past season, thus we need to build on that success. ASUN is considered the best mid major conference for softball. I will feel ASUN is better for us, no matter where we finish. But anything less than NCAA Regional will be a disappointment. I fully expect us to be better next year than this year. We need to schedule and beat some high RPI teams , top 10 RPI at that.
We scheduled some last year. Didn´t win any til the regionals, where we took 1 of 3 from SC. I also expect us to be a better team next year, but that doesn´t mean we will win more games. It´s going to be tough.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It will be tough to win 49 games . Heck when we were eliminated, I believe only 3 or 4 teams in the nation had more wins than LU. But any win total in 40s will be good, providing we win the "right ones". It's imperative that we beat some ranked teams, to get highest RPI we can. I would love to be in position to get at large bid, if we don't win ASUN tournament.
When you can get at large bid, you have "arrived" many times more so than just winning conference automatic berth.
Heck, even Longwood has won automatic berths before.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:My logic is not flawed.
thepostman wrote::BS

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Something nonexistent cannot be flawed
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]