If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ewglenn
If he were to leave Bama is there any chance he could end up at LU?
By cruzan_flame13
Ewglenn wrote:If he were to leave Bama is there any chance he could end up at LU?
No. I see him going to Ohio State if he officially transferred.
By Ewglenn
To be fair they are talking about him to FAU. I wouldn’t say that is a huge step up from LU. Grant Lane is there but still. I would think the staff would at least reach out.
By cruzan_flame13
Ewglenn wrote:To be fair they are talking about him to FAU. I wouldn’t say that is a huge step up from LU. Grant Lane is there but still. I would think the staff would at least reach out.
You also have to consider the environment that Hurt is used to and then LU’s environment. Then you have to think about his abilities compared to Buckshot. Let’s just say we had a chance with him, Buckshot would never see the field that much during game day.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:To be fair they are talking about him to FAU. I wouldn’t say that is a huge step up from LU. Grant Lane is there but still. I would think the staff would at least reach out.
FAU just went 11-3, won the CUSA Championship, and won a Bowl Game.

Liberty will be an independent playing their first year as a full-time FBS member when he is eligible to play.

That's a pretty steep drop off.
By Ewglenn
lynchburgwildcats wrote:

Liberty will be an independent playing their first year as a full-time FBS member when he is eligible to play.

Their strength of schedule was horrible. They didn’t beat anyone decent. I’m not saying they are bad but it’s not like they are the best of the G5. CUSA was absolutely dreadful last year. You could even argue the SBC was better.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:

Their strength of schedule was horrible. They didn’t beat anyone decent. I’m not saying they are bad but it’s not like they are the best of the G5. CUSA was absolutely dreadful last year. You could even argue the SBC was better.
RPI of 31 and SoS of 66.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
All indications seem to be that he is staying put for now. I recognize the Kiffin connection but I would actually be surprised if he transferred to anywhere outside of Texas. You can take the boy out of Texas ...
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Free agency ruined baseball. Let's hope it doesn't ruin college sports.
This is a ridiculous take. Free agency helped baseball tremendously. Why should a player be locked into playing for the team that drafted him for his entire career (unless he got traded)? Once a contract expires, the player should be free to sign wherever he wants.
By Class of 20Something
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Free agency ruined baseball. Let's hope it doesn't ruin college sports.
This is a ridiculous take. Free agency helped baseball tremendously. Why should a player be locked into playing for the team that drafted him for his entire career (unless he got traded)? Once a contract expires, the player should be free to sign wherever he wants.
I was thinking about this across sports. It's great for the consumer and for the teams, but but player loses out on the draft. Drafts keep parity which keeps teams competitive and fanbases "ONLY ONE SEASON AWAY" from believing their team is a contender. The player gets a nearly predetermined amount of money. The player is who has no power, and yet we shame players for flexing the little muscle they can when it's time to sign that rookie contract.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach has this idea in his head that when you put on a jockstrap you should forfeit not only all of your constitutional rights, but basic human rights as well.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Preserve the integrity of the sport. I have never been a fan of "buying a trophy".
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Preserve the integrity of the sport. I have never been a fan of "buying a trophy".
Yeah, and this is an ALABAMA fan, talking like Baron de Coubertin.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Life
Liberty
The pursuit of happiness

You are infringing on at least 2 of those 3 inalienable rights if you do not permit people to live, work and/or study and compete where they choose.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Preserve the integrity of the sport. I have never been a fan of "buying a trophy".
Pray tell how is Free Agency showing a lack of integrity ?
‘Buying a Trophy’ is a myth and fails more often than not.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Loyalty to team that drafted you, and got you to the major leagues.
:rofl
By Jonathan Carone
There’s an argument that the draft is the least fair way to do things when looking at it from the player’s perspective.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Loyalty to team that drafted you, and got you to the major leagues.
Which one? Those are usually not the same team. Because someone plays a sport they should put "loyalty to team" ahead of what is best for them and their family? olldflame not think so.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A good example:

Bryce Harper becomes a free agent this year. There's no need for him to leave the Nationals and sign with another team.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]