If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Supposedly moving closer to family in Kentucky to take some coaching job somewhere. Was butthurt G-W didn't shell out $10K to play in the lame WBI despite being seeded in the play-in round of the BSC tournament. Good riddance. Overstayed his welcome by a long stretch, no doubt being a Chuck buddy kept him here. Now if our next President will show Chuck the door, we may be able to be a competitive athletic program.

http://gwusports.com/news/2018/4/3/gwu- ... -webb.aspx
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I always liked Coach Reeves when he was at LU.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Not sure Chuck is the problem, but you are certainly closer to things than I am. I think he did a solid job here at LU and I really like him a lot as a person. Seemed very knowledgeable about sports. Wondering if more resources are needed to see the improvement you desire? Sometimes though, a change of scenery is good for all involved, regardless of abilities/results. Best of luck to you.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Always liked Coach Reeves, but think he did his girls a dis-service by overrating their abilities both on and off the court. As a parent, I understand completely, it is pretty hard to be totally subjective when it comes to your kids.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Rick said and did some things after leaving LU that quite frankly made me think less of him. Calling Megan Frazee a dirty player for one. Uncalled for. If what our G-W guy says is true about him being upset not getting his way with the school forking over for a berth in the WBI, it shows a bit of a pattern. He left Liberty after asking to be paid the same salary as Jeff Meyer and getting turned down. The blatant nepotism with both scholarships and jobs for his daughters was not a good look either IMHO.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Rick said and did some things after leaving LU that quite frankly made me think less of him. Calling Megan Frazee a dirty player for one. Uncalled for. If what our G-W guy says is true about him being upset not getting his way with the school forking over for a berth in the WBI, it shows a bit of a pattern. He left Liberty after asking to be paid the same salary as Jeff Meyer and getting turned down. The blatant nepotism with both scholarships and jobs for his daughters was not a good look either IMHO.
I think it best to leave his family out of it. But that’s my personal preference
He was also being woefully underpaid and compensated
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He brings them into it himself. Calls the years he was "allowed" to "coach with" his daughters the highlight of his career and makes a point of saying he doesn't know of any other coach who was "allowed" to do that. Ever wonder why that is Rick? Completely fails to mention the championships they won.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:He brings them into it himself. Calls the years he was "allowed" to "coach with" his daughters the highlight of his career and makes a point of saying he doesn't know of any other coach who was "allowed" to do that. Ever wonder why that is Rick? Completely fails to mention the championships they won.
Meh. A dad wants to dote on his daughters and enjoy the experience of working with them. Ok Personally I think you are reading too much into the phrase. But you do you
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]