If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:In my opinion Asheville's location hurts them.
Asheville is an awesome tourist town. There are so many things to do that UNCA athletics doesn’t register.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Asheville is an awesome tourist town. There are so many things to do that UNCA athletics doesn’t register.
They are all evil liberals there. Keep up man! :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This from the guy who says Spartanburg is a "great road trip". :roll:

Asheville is a bit isolated, but it is really a beautiful area. App State is in Boone, which is even more isolated, and they have done pretty well, so I don't think the problem is location.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Asheville is "off the beaten path", isolated from rest of BSC, and even most of North Carolina. Heck as much as I have traveled, I have never been to Asheville.
It’s an eclectic town with a lot of locally owned restaurants. You’d probably hate it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Asheville is "off the beaten path", isolated from rest of BSC, and even most of North Carolina. Heck as much as I have traveled, I have never been to Asheville.
It’s an eclectic town with a lot of locally owned restaurants. You’d probably hate it.
Plus the Gay Capital of the SE
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
As mentioned earlier, Asheville is less isolated than Boone, and yet App State has a booming athletic program. Their problems have nothing to do with location. They are closer to the center of the BSC footprint than Lynchburg, and if they took YOUR ADVICE and booted Longwood and Radford, we would be totally isolated up here in VA.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, I just checked and Asheville has 3 Burger Kings. I think you would love it there.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:How is Asheville off the beaten path? It’s directly on I-40. Lynchburg is significantly more off the beaten path than Asheville.
Remember, he’s never been there. So he’s speaking from a position of ignorance. The Vanderbilt Family liked it enough to put up a small vacation home there
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:The Vanderbilt Family liked it enough to put up a small vacation home there
:lol: aka, the Biltmore Estate.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Honestly I know very little about Asheville, other than it's location. I did go there once back in 1977 on a blind date with a girl from Lenior Rhyne College. The worst steak house I have ever been to, and the most boring girl I have ever been on date with.
ballcoach15 wrote:Honestly I know very little about Asheville, other than it's location. I did go there once back in 1977 on a blind date with a girl from Lenior Rhyne College. The worst steak house I have ever been to, and the most boring girl I have ever been on date with.
Which is it? Gotta be rough when you use yourself as a source and still aren’t reliable! :D
ballcoach15 wrote:Purple, you are too concerned with "sources". CNN is probably your favorite news channel.
You’re the one with faulty Sources. I’m sure you have posters on Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon in your bedroom :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Purple, you are too concerned with "sources". CNN is probably your favorite news channel.
You’re the one with faulty Sources. I’m sure you have posters on Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon in your bedroom :lol:
Even those 2 have better sources...
Purple Haize wrote:
I didn't think we used curse words in this forum.
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:Tulsa, Georgia, Kentucky and Texas Tech did not fire him.
He was shown the door at Kentucky. And Minnesota. And Memphis. The Tulsa to Georgia to UK makes sense. I scratched my head at his TT departure.
Tubby was not fired at Kentucky. That is fact.
For the record, Longwood women's soccer went to the Big South title game this year and is at worst decently competitive most years. Men's tennis has emerged as a solid tennis squad starting last year. Field Hocke appears to be on the upswing.

Men's soccer though did turn in an absolutely abysmal season that will without a doubt be the most embarrassing season any sport has had there this school year.

Alas, softball is the only sport of any consequence as far as win-loss success goes. It's not a school that is ever going to be able to field an overall good or even average athletic department. Throwing aside all mediocre at best facilities they have and other assorted factors that are in their control or at least partly in their control, the location is absolutely horrendous. Has to be one of the worst locations in D1. Though I suppose if you think it's a smart strategy to sell kids on driving about an hour or more away to go find civilization in Richmond, Charlottesville, etc. then it's not bad.

If you can find kids that are outdoorsman or like rural locations with minimal social opportunities outside of a college campus (rather that be Longwood or Hampden-Sydney, which happens to be extremely popular with the Longwood women), then you are gold though.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]