If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Chris Rocco has resigned as football coach at LCA
Any details?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Josh Davidson, the guy on Chris' right has an incredible story of how he ended up here. From an Islamic village then to an orphanage in Africa with two younger brothers, to here, and now he's accepted a full scholarship to Indiana Weslyan (NAIA). Great kid and adoptive family.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:Doug Smith???
That would be a coup beyond belief Its not like he’s unhappy at Appomattox and set for life out there. I can’t see it
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
rogers3 wrote:Doug Smith???
That would be a coup beyond belief Its not like he’s unhappy at Appomattox and set for life out there. I can’t see it
If LCA had virtually unlimited resources like LU, the chances would be much better to lure him away. They don't.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
If Gill ends up getting the axe sooner or later, I'm wondering if LU might go outside the box and consider Smith? There is certainly a precedent for highly successful HS coaches making the jump to D1 (particularly in Texas).
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:If Gill ends up getting the axe sooner or later, I'm wondering if LU might go outside the box and consider Smith? There is certainly a precedent for highly successful HS coaches making the jump to D1 (particularly in Texas).
I doubt it. We are due the flashy coach. I honestly think Coach Freeze is going to lay low until the moment is right for both parties.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
olldflame wrote:If Gill ends up getting the axe sooner or later, I'm wondering if LU might go outside the box and consider Smith? There is certainly a precedent for highly successful HS coaches making the jump to D1 (particularly in Texas).
I doubt it. We are due the flashy coach. I honestly think Coach Freeze is going to lay low until the moment is right for both parties.
The signs certainly seem to be pointing that way. Personally, I think it would be too soon for that if a change needed to be made after this year.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
The signs certainly seem to be pointing that way. Personally, I think it would be too soon for that if a change needed to be made after this year.
The change needed to be made after last year. But we have beat that horse to death a couple of times. Just made me feel better saying it again. 8)
By cruzan_flame13
This might be a strange thought, but what if Freeze comes in by the end of the 2018 season and HC Gill transfers to the HC position at LCA? This year LCA will have an interim head coach and then the process comes into order by the end of fall. This is a crazy idea, but hey, what are forums for?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:This might be a strange thought, but what if Freeze comes in by the end of the 2018 season and HC Gill transfers to the HC position at LCA? This year LCA will have an interim head coach and then the process comes into order by the end of fall. This is a crazy idea, but hey, what are forums for?
Yes, that is a crazy idea. I'm not talking outside-the-box crazy. I'm talking CRAZY crazy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If Hugh Freeze changes his name to Doug Smith than absolutely :D

I’ll pull a Quasi Sly and avoid specifics of Coach Smith. But suffice it to say he’s got a pretty good set up where he is.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
You are forgetting the most obvious name: BALLCOACH. :football
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:He did start the thread. Hmmmm.....
It’s safe to say he wouldn’t run the Triple Option
He could also be the Basketball Softball and Baseball Coach
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Many years ago, I considered getting into football coaching, but decided not to. Actually I was offered an assistant job at 2 different schools, but turned them down. This was in 1997 or 98.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]