If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Huggy Bear's squad of out-of-state players makes the Sweet 16. Villanova called: they're scared. :shock:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LOL, why does in-state/out-of-state matter? Is WVU MBB supposed to forgo national prominence just to win points with high schools like Greenbrier East and Poca and Tolsia and Buckhannon-Upshur?

I’ll tell you this: if Marshall had a CHANCE at any of WVU’s top 8 players, they’d snatch them up in a heartbeat. No matter where they’re from. Just stop it.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The Villanova matchup is scary. They can put five ballhandlets on the floor at once. Early on tonight, Marshall used its big to bring ball up. Kind of a genius move.

But then WVU went 1-2-2, and it was all she wrote.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I will admit that Marshall was outcoached by Huggy's in-game adjustments. And WVU's Carter is an amazing player. But Konate didn't impress me at all--with his 8 points, ONE blocked shot, and technical foul; Marshall's Penava clearly outplayed him. And Huggy was smart for benching Konate after his technical.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I will admit that Marshall was outcoached by Huggy's in-game adjustments. And WVU's Carter is an amazing player. But Konate didn't impress me at all--with his 8 points, ONE blocked shot, and technical foul; Marshall's Penava clearly outplayed him. And Huggy was smart for benching Konate after his technical.
Carter is tough!
Go back and watch the game. Kanate altered a lot of shots, especially early on. The JV players weren’t used to type of size. He may have registered only 1 blocked shot but altered sooo many more.
My fear is we used up too many made baskets and won’t have many left for Nova :shock: :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:There are as many 11 seeds and 9 seeds in the sweet 16 as there are 1 seeds. :shock: :shock:
I like it when this happens. I think NCAA tries to give #1 seeds too much of an "easy road". It's even worse in women's BB than men's.

They let some teams play in their backyard, while sending other teams 2000+ miles away.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
olldflame wrote:There are as many 11 seeds and 9 seeds in the sweet 16 as there are 1 seeds. :shock: :shock:
I like it when this happens. I think NCAA tries to give #1 seeds too much of an "easy road". It's even worse in women's BB than men's.

They let some teams play in their backyard, while sending other teams 2000+ miles away.
You have no idea how seedings work, do you? Glad to see you are starting off the week strong
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: Go back and watch the game.
No thanks. Watching it once was painful enough, but those first few minutes when Marshall had the comanding lead were amazing! Play Basketball
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: Go back and watch the game.
No thanks. Watching it once was painful enough, but those first few minutes when Marshall had the comanding lead were amazing! Play Basketball
I had to order an Adult Ice Tea when that was going on :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I could hear you sweating all the way from Arizona. :frustrated
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I know how seeding works, but often times it doesn't make sense, and often times some teams gets shafted.
So a 1 seed should play a 4 seed? :dontgetit Brackets are pretty logical not sure how you can argue with that
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I could hear you sweating all the way from Arizona. :frustrated
Could have been the jalapeño bacon
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I know how seeding works, but often times it doesn't make sense, and often times some teams gets shafted.
So a 1 seed should play a 4 seed? :dontgetit Brackets are pretty logical not sure how you can argue with that
Here is an example of why seeding in NCAA tournament doesn't make sense sometimes:

Syracuse was the "last" team to be selected for tournament. Then they were given a #11 seed, why not 16 seed if they were last in ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Here is an example of why seeding in NCAA tournament doesn't make sense sometimes:

Syracuse was the "last" team to be selected for tournament. Then they were given a #11 seed, why not 16 seed if they were last in ?
Because they received an At Large bid. Auto Qualifiers don’t mean you are a better team than an At Large team. Syracuse is certainly a better team than Radford
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Auto Qualifiers don’t mean you are a better team than an At Large team. Syracuse is certainly a better team than Radford
Purple is showing off that WVU education: he's using logic AND dropping a Radford example. Even Ballcoach will have to agree with that (I think). Study
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Auto Qualifiers don’t mean you are a better team than an At Large team. Syracuse is certainly a better team than Radford
Purple is showing off that WVU education: he's using logic AND dropping a Radford example. Even Ballcoach will have to agree with that (I think). Study
Well, based on their scores against Nova, Alabama is only 3 points better than Radford.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Also used ‘than’ appropriately
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Loyola joins LSU, George Mason and VCU as the only 11 seeds to ever make the Final 4. The other 3 all lost their semi-final games, so a win over Michigan would be the second historic victory in this year's dance. Since Jeff Meyer is no longer with Michigan, I am all on board with Loyola. Go Ramblers! Play Basketball :pbjtime :pray
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
loyola hasn't had to face anyone like wagner. so that will be their challenge. they can win but it would be real nice to send that story home. I'd much rather play kansas than villanova.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Agree, Mallett. Nova is scary good. I don’t see a weakness. All five shoot, all five handle, elite PG, size and athleticism, SCARY.

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from M[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]