If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:from 2013, I believe it was. That is one program that should get death penalty.
Yeah, we all know how you feel. I have yet to determine if anyone cares.

When the sordid facts on this came out, you can be assured there were at least a few coaches at high major programs who "chortled audibly" over Louisville's use of bargain basement "talent" to try to attract recruits.

Still trying to figure out what kind of teflon Kevin Keatts, who was their recruiting coordinator when all this happened, is coated with to not only escape sanctions but get hired TWICE (first at UNCW and now at NC State).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think Keatts is clean in all this.
Maybe so. His reputation is solid. He was discussed as a candidate for the LU job before Ritchie was hired. On the other hand, Pitino has not been directly implicated in any of this either, but he was fired because he was the man in charge. Keatts was the man in charge of recruiting. Just sayin.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Pitino is sneaky, and smart enough not to get caught red-handed himself. In other words, "play dumb"

the culture at Louisville, is to win at any cost. their overall track record on ethics and rules prove this. It started with their former AD, and filtered down.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Of all the NCAA violations a school can commit, the most severe are recruiting violations, in my opinion. Fast forward to the FBI investigation. Louisville & their shoe company paid 150,000 to land a recruit I believe. Louisville should be banned from post season for years. (and booted out of ACC)
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Louisville wasn’t the only one who did that. You’re letting your bias cloud your judgment.

The “Win at Any Cost” mentality you mentions permeates every P5 school, and a lot of others. This is not over.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
the culture at Louisville, is to win at any cost. their overall track record on ethics and rules prove this. It started with their former AD, and filtered down.
This is cute coming from the guy who was rooting for the Patriots in the Suoer Bowl.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Of all the NCAA violations a school can commit, the most severe are recruiting violations, in my opinion. Fast forward to the FBI investigation. Louisville & their shoe company paid 150,000 to land a recruit I believe. Louisville should be banned from post season for years. (and booted out of ACC)

At least this time for once you admit it is your opinion, not necessarily a fact. Good job on that.

Personally, I would put recruiting violations (regardless of how extensive or severe) no worse than 3rd.

2nd would be allowing/enabling the use of performance enhancing drugs, which like recruiting violations can produce a competitive advantage, but can also damage or even kill athletes.

1st would be allowing and/or enabling sexual and other abuse as in Baylor/Michigan State.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I would guess that there are parts of NCAA rule book, that the authors do not know. I have never seen the rule book in its entirety, but I hear it's rather thick.
No wonder half your complaints make no sense
Olldfllame has jokes. :rofl
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Told you it wasn’t over. Still isn’t. FBI has power NCAA doesn’t. Wiretaps were whispered about. Sean Miller is first casualty of them. 3,000+ hours of phone conversations sifted through. All we’ve got now is the schools involved and the players connected. As finer details surface, giants in the sport are going to fall.
JK37 wrote:Told you it wasn’t over. Still isn’t. FBI has power NCAA doesn’t. Wiretaps were whispered about. Sean Miller is first casualty of them. 3,000+ hours of phone conversations sifted through. All we’ve got now is the schools involved and the players connected. As finer details surface, giants in the sport are going to fall.
Signing the Top 3 recruits in a class and consistently signing the #1 is suspicious.

Blue Chips is turning into a prophetic movie
I feel like less of the big name schools will be involved in the big pieces of this than your second tier schools. Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, etc don’t need to cheat as much* because they have their reputation working for them. It’s the schools that usually aren’t great that get good fast that you know are doing things they shouldn’t be.

*they still cheat because everyone cheats. But not to the same level.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Usually, Jon, that’s the case. But Friday’s reports on the schools involved were all the blue bloods. Duke, UNC, Michigan State, Kansas all named. Surprisingly, UVA involved. That’s the one that shocked me a little. Wichita State was named.

The one not named that surprised me? Kentucky.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Kentucky is the poster child for this type of deal. No athlete would ever to choose to go to Lexington unless there were extremely extenuating circumstances. I have heard tons of rumors about their recruitment of Texas kids. In the past couple of years I have heard more about UNC and Kansas.
JK37 wrote:Usually, Jon, that’s the case. But Friday’s reports on the schools involved were all the blue bloods. Duke, UNC, Michigan State, Kansas all named. Surprisingly, UVA involved. That’s the one that shocked me a little. Wichita State was named.

The one not named that surprised me? Kentucky.
But most of those named in that report had to do with players meeting with agents, not coaches trying to directly influence the recruitment in illegal ways. That’s what I’m getting at. I don’t think you’ll see the Sean Miller type things at most of those blue bloods. There’ll be things that pop up at those schools, but I think they’ll be more player/agent than coach buying player.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]