If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Jonathan Carone wrote:
JK37 wrote:Usually, Jon, that’s the case. But Friday’s reports on the schools involved were all the blue bloods. Duke, UNC, Michigan State, Kansas all named. Surprisingly, UVA involved. That’s the one that shocked me a little. Wichita State was named.

The one not named that surprised me? Kentucky.
But most of those named in that report had to do with players meeting with agents, not coaches trying to directly influence the recruitment in illegal ways. That’s what I’m getting at. I don’t think you’ll see the Sean Miller type things at most of those blue bloods. There’ll be things that pop up at those schools, but I think they’ll be more player/agent than coach buying player.
You draw that right conclusion but with flawed methodology. Big Time schools can be just as shady as ‘2nd Tier’ Schools. They just have better infrastructure to hide their tracks. Sean Miller looks to be toast (as an IU fan whose membership is on Hold I’m hoping he can take his brother with him) and probably one more will be. But the NCAA knows where it’s money comes from. You will see smaller fish on coaching staff’s offered up. Look what the NCAA did with UNC. No one will get the Death Penalty like SMU even though these charges look to be much worse
I hope I am wrong, but what I see happening is schools will "sit" a player 1 game, as punishment for accepting thousands of $$$$ in shoe company money to sign with a school. Then NCAA will say the player has been punished.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Usually, Jon, that’s the case. But Friday’s reports on the schools involved were all the blue bloods. Duke, UNC, Michigan State, Kansas all named. Surprisingly, UVA involved. That’s the one that shocked me a little. Wichita State was named.

The one not named that surprised me? Kentucky.
Kentucky was mentioned, they had 3 players listed in the Yahoo report including a current player. The only Virginia involvement was a $64 dinner expense with Malcolm Brogdon's mom.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I mentioned in another thread that KY comment was my mistake.

UNC investigation a s—-show from that start. The COI has no case, so they dragged UNC through years of “investigation” so that the indirect result of negative recruiting by rivals was punishment enough for what COI couldn’t prove.

NCAA needs to go Olympic route when it comes to Amateurism. Long overdue.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]