If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:
thepostman wrote:But then again i just watched highlights of the real national champions arriving at their championship parade at Disney world.

Go Knights! 8)
you can't be the best team in the country when your best player has only one hand.
The one handed man seemed to be ok against Auburn. He is also one of the best defensive players in the country.

Go Knights! 8) :D
#6 in the country and probably won't play a snap i the nfl. no way that team would of sniffed a win against either of these teams in a venue. a decent SEC team that lost to teams these teams trounced in a mean nothing bowl game? yes. cfp? no.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
In case anybody is confused I don't actually think UCF should of been in the playoffs. I do think they've been underrated all year but 6th seems about right.

But they are still the real national champion* :)

*according to the fine state of Florida
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:What a boring game. You guys that didn't watch didn't miss anything.
You are right. I spent the evening with my wife, daughter and granddaughter. If I had watched the game then I would have missed that. I also got to bed at a decent time and got a good night's sleep. Found out this morning who won and it made absolutely no difference in my life. Just keeping it in perspective.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Of course that’s what he’s going to say. I listened to it. He said it. But he’s gotta say what he’s gotta say
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Young black dude doesn't like Trump.

Are we surprised?
That’s the biggest cop out ever. Did the Black ROTC member do anything to show displeasure with Trump? What about the entire choir singing the National Anthem? No? So you don’t feel this Player is capable of controlling himself? Please
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I'm not as much of a football fan as I once was, but I guess I just don't get how anyone that enjoyed the sport would seem to relish in the idea of missing what turned out to be one of the best games of the year.

But to each their own.
I started to watch because I’m a sports fan but had 0 expectations. I kept watching after halftime because I liked what I saw. I’m glad it turned out to be a good game.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I'm not as much of a football fan as I once was, but I guess I just don't get how anyone that enjoyed the sport would seem to relish in the idea of missing what turned out to be one of the best games of the year.

But to each their own.
:football +1
By Jonathan Carone
That first half was brutally boring. The third quarter picked up some. I was still bored enough at 11 to bail on the fourth quarter. It felt like an NFL game.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

Are we surprised?
That’s the biggest cop out ever. Did the Black ROTC member do anything to show displeasure with Trump? What about the entire choir singing the National Anthem? No? So you don’t feel this Player is capable of controlling himself? Please
+1
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

But to each their own.
I started to watch because I’m a sports fan but had 0 expectations. I kept watching after halftime because I liked what I saw. I’m glad it turned out to be a good game.
It turned out to be a great game, even though I was pulling for Georgia to win. Have no allegiance to either team.
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote:

Are we surprised?
I'm sure he can control himself when he needs to. In a game where he's trying to hype himself up, it would make sense for him to do something like that. I'm sure worse gets said a hundred times over in the lead up to a game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Are we surprised?
I'm sure he can control himself when he needs to. In a game where he's trying to hype himself up, it would make sense for him to do something like that. I'm sure worse gets said a hundred times over in the lead up to a game.
Yeah I’d have 0 problem with F Georgia. But you made it Political by equating supposed black anger at Trump and his inability to contain his emotions. He wasn’t playing Trump. Trump wasn’t on the field during the game. Trump wasn’t on the other team. Saying F Trump made no sense.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
You’re tasking a super-hyped adolescent male with the job of acting logically, PH? Good luck.

It’s wrong. But it also makes sense.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:You’re tasking a super-hyped adolescent male with the job of acting logically, PH? Good luck.

You know me well enough that I am far from making that assumption ha!
It still makes to sense. It DOES tell me he wasn’t focused on the game. Every player has their own routine to get pumped for the game. Some are rather....odd. I seriously doubt yelling F Trump was what he did prior to every game to get jacked up.
Like the other incidents I mentioned it just showed a surprising, to me at least, lack of class by the Tide.
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:You’re tasking a super-hyped adolescent male with the job of acting logically, PH? Good luck.

You know me well enough that I am far from making that assumption ha!
It still makes to sense. It DOES tell me he wasn’t focused on the game. Every player has their own routine to get pumped for the game. Some are rather....odd. I seriously doubt yelling F Trump was what he did prior to every game to get jacked up.
Like the other incidents I mentioned it just showed a surprising, to me at least, lack of class by the Tide.
You’re making the assumption that Trump’s arrival didn’t alter his pregame plan. Maybe he has a ritual of waving to his mom in the stands before the game and she was one of the people who couldn’t get in because of Trump coming in. Maybe they had to alter how they got from the locker room to the field because of security. As you said, pregame routines can be weird and highly superstitious. There are hundreds of things that could’ve happened that led to him saying that as he walked out.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I've seen people say all kinds of things to get jacked up before a game. Things that might not make sense to anyone else. I don't know his motivation but personally, I'm not a fan of swearing. As far as him being angry at Trump. Maybe he has legit reasons. I don't know, nor do I care. I guess at worst he's treating Trump the way Trump would treat him if they were to have a conflict, right? Even if I did have an issue with it, when I compare that to the behavior a lot of other student athletes demonstrate, it would be far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far down on my list of things to be righteous over.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
12 carriers for 24 yards. Maybe he should have focused more on his actual opponents.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

But to each their own.
it gave all types of football fans what they wanted. the first half was a slow defensive grind, the 2nd half was a footrace. a great game with a little bit of everything.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]