If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey gang and happy new year!

I thought Id share something I became involved in recently. A few weeks back, I was offered an opportunity to do some writing for a sports and boradcasting blog called Behind the Microphone. I was asked to be the NFL analyst, so I will be offering my perspective and opinion on the NFL and stories from my broadcasting and production career in the coming months. My first piece has garnered quite a bit of traffic and it is on the Cleveland Browns (sorry GMTM if youre still out there reading the board):

https://www.sportsblog.com/behindthemic/
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Nice work BJ!!

I liked it. Hope others on the board will too.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My latest post is up talking about the NFL playoffs by the numbers
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Nice summaries, BJ. Are you going to be writing from the perspective of an announcer in this assignment moving forward?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Hopefully late Monday night, we all can be writing about Alabama winning national championship.
Some of us won't even be watching much less writing about it.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I certainly won't be watching the game. I typically don't watch games if I'm not invested in the outcome. I have other things I'd rather do with my time on earth.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I admit being only mildly interested. This feels more like a Mid-October SEC game that the rest of the country ignores outside of 60 seconds of highlights on Sportscenter or a quick glance by to check the score. The semifinals were much more intriguing matchups. Hopefully lame viewership numbers for a regional game will encourage the movement toward a real tournament instead of this sham of a SEC invitational that has been set up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I might watch a bit of it on ESPNews if they have the Coaches Round Table thingy. But other than that I agree with SLY. This is basically a regular seaboard game played in January. I don’t really care who wins but wouldn’t mind seeing Alabama lose. I also doubt it will be an entertaining game.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:How can one not watch this game ?
I have zero desire to watch it and I can't imagine this game appeals to many outside if SEC country.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
I have zero desire to watch it and I can't imagine this game appeals to many outside if SEC country.
An Oklahoma v Clemson game would have gotten big numbers
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Probably so. An all SEC matchup just won't cut it. Especially when many feel 2 members from the same conference shouldn't be in the semi's. If they have grow to 8 a matchup like this may be more accepted. But the system now does not allow for that with only 3 conferences being represented.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
With OU and Clemson you have historic programs. National Champs. Heisman Winner. High Octane Offense with OU and a good D with Clemson. It would have been a wide open game. Now it will be 3 yards and a cloud of dust between the tackles runs. Yawn
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
First of all since the NCAA has enabled ESPN to monopolize the bowl games and playoffs those of us who have cut the cable/satellite cord can't watch it.
Secondly the only reason I would watch if I could would be to see a team lose (Alabama). I don't give a flying flip or the Dawgs but the Tide fans have annoyed me to this point.

Sorry BJ to sidetrack your thread. Good luck in your opportunity. I know you have the ability to be successful at it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Beej. Maybe we are giving you fodder for a new article. ‘Why people didn’t watch the BCS Championship Game’
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would not watch OU if they played in Lynchburg. (Oklahoma, Ohio St., or Oregon). I have zero use or respect for those teams.

But with that being said, (or written about), Monday's game is worth watching because Alabama is playing in it. It's a great game because no Big 10, PAC 12 or Big 12 team is playing. Same as last 2 seasons.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sheesh. Based on Ballcoach, even I may not watch the game. (Yeah right!)

Y’all are a bunch of sore losers. Get over it already!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Sheesh. Based on Ballcoach, even I may not watch the game. (Yeah right!)

Y’all are a bunch of sore losers. Get over it already!
My team was supposed to play in a Bowl but I’m not sure anyone told them. :D

I am just looking at this game objectively and it’s a snooze fest. It’s an SEC game that isn’t even a Rivalry Game. There’s no ‘There’ there. If Bama wins Saban wins another championship. Yippee. If UGA wins Saban loses another Championship game but it’s not like it’s going to hurt his legacy or job security.
There’s just no drama
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have noticed a lot of folks are on the Georgia Bandwagon. I fully expect the Media to be also. The TV announcers will probably not even acknowledge Alabama is playing in the game.

I am South and South Eastern biased. That's where the best football is played. There are only a hand full of teams outside the south that I even remotely like.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:

I am South and South Eastern biased. That's where the best football is played.
Isn't Georgia more southeast than Alabama? :fineprint Go Dawgs!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:

I am South and South Eastern biased. That's where the best football is played.
Isn't Georgia more southeast than Alabama? :fineprint Go Dawgs!
MP’s direct traffic. That doesn’t mean they know where they are going!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]