If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have noticed a lot of folks are on the Georgia Bandwagon. I fully expect the Media to be also. The TV announcers will probably not even acknowledge Alabama is playing in the game.

I am South and South Eastern biased. That's where the best football is played. There are only a hand full of teams outside the south that I even remotely like.
Oh yeah the sports media never talk about Alabama...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I have noticed a lot of folks are on the Georgia Bandwagon. I fully expect the Media to be also. The TV announcers will probably not even acknowledge Alabama is playing in the game.

I am South and South Eastern biased. That's where the best football is played. There are only a hand full of teams outside the south that I even remotely like.
Oh yeah the sports media never talk about Alabama...
They have a football team? Huh. Start up program?
The media LOVES Alabama The only reason I think there is even a mention of Georgia is because of contractual obligations
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
The whole idea of “the media loves” is a joke. Ballcoach represents a good number of people who think the sports world is out to get the SEC / BAMA and LOVES teams like (fill in the blank). Many of y’all aren’t SEC fans and represent the SAME view from another angle. KIRK Herbstreet is an Ohio grad and routinely gets blasted as “in the bag” for... everyone. He CAN’T be “in the bag” for all the teams he is accused of supporting. There are certain personalities who clearly are partisan... that is their job. Of course Paul Finebaum is going to be pro-SEC, but most aren’t that way.

For all of y’all dogging on the SEC National Championship game, there was one simple way for it to have not taken place... Clemson & Oklahoma winning! Alas, they didn’t , so stop gripping.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:The whole idea of “the media loves” is a joke. Ballcoach represents a good number of people who think the sports world is out to get the SEC / BAMA and LOVES teams like (fill in the blank). Many of y’all aren’t SEC fans and represent the SAME view from another angle. KIRK Herbstreet is an Ohio grad and routinely gets blasted as “in the bag” for... everyone. He CAN’T be “in the bag” for all the teams he is accused of supporting. There are certain personalities who clearly are partisan... that is their job. Of course Paul Finebaum is going to be pro-SEC, but most aren’t that way.

For all of y’all dogging on the SEC National Championship game, there was one simple way for it to have not taken place... Clemson & Oklahoma winning! Alas, they didn’t , so stop gripping.
Yeah. Don’t let empirical data get in the way. If the Sports World was out to get Bama their season would already be over. The entire bent of media coverage that I’ve seen or heard, granted it’s not a large amount, reminds me of The Brady Bunch. ‘Bama Bama Bama’. That’s fine. That’s great yippee. Holds 0 interest for me.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Nice summaries, BJ. Are you going to be writing from the perspective of an announcer in this assignment moving forward?
I'll have a few from the announcers angle, but I also will have stories about my experiences as a broadcaster as well (My interesting adventure to Salem for an Amherst County basketball playoff will probably get up there at some point. Most of my NFL stories won't come from that angle though SLy
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im not really gonna watch the FBS game on Monday night...at least not for any writing context. Im the NFL analyst so if I do watch itll be to evaluate pro prospects, especially ones Kiper and McShay are monitoring
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Tomorrow Morning everyone should step outside when the get up and yell: Roll Tide
I'll do that on Tuesday, either way.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]