If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Are you sure? UVA had all that time to prepare for Navy’s High School Offense. And Navy had their 2nd string QB. I can’t believe that UVA didn’t know what was coming. Maybe they aren’t as smart as people think up in C’ville
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:Are you sure? UVA had all that time to prepare for Navy’s High School Offense. And Navy had their 2nd string QB. I can’t believe that UVA didn’t know what was coming. Maybe they aren’t as smart as people think up in C’ville
There could be reasons like the weather. Even though the 2nd string qb was in, he sure is a good player. Lets be real, the hoots gave up by halftime. Also, the way they think in some of their curriculum, those folks only have credibility by the name of the school and not the people in it.
By Jonathan Carone
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Are you sure? UVA had all that time to prepare for Navy’s High School Offense. And Navy had their 2nd string QB. I can’t believe that UVA didn’t know what was coming. Maybe they aren’t as smart as people think up in C’ville
There could be reasons like the weather. Even though the 2nd string qb was in, he sure is a good player. Lets be real, the hoots gave up by halftime. Also, the way they think in some of their curriculum, those folks only have credibility by the name of the school and not the people in it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
The point flew high and right over his head
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
UVA football players are not too smart to begin with. If they were , most would have gone to some other school. In addition to not being smart, they are "soft", especially on defense. Of the 11 players on defense, most of their tackles seem to be made by 2 or 3 players. On offense, their playbook is like "another team" I am familiar with. They only use 1 page of playbook and have no running game. The most over rated 6-6 team in nation, (now 6-7). Mendenhall is full of "hot air".
Last edited by ballcoach15 on December 29th, 2017, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:UVA football players are not too smart to begin with. If they were , most would have gone to some other school. If addition to not being smart, they are "soft", especially on defense. Of the 11 players on defense, most of their tackles seem to be made by 2 or 3 players. On offense, their playbook is like "another team" I am familiar with. They only use 1 page of playbook and have no running game. The most over rated 6-6 team in nation, (now 6-7). Mendenhall is full of "hot air".
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:UVA football players are not too smart to begin with. If they were , most would have gone to some other school. If addition to not being smart, they are "soft", especially on defense. Of the 11 players on defense, most of their tackles seem to be made by 2 or 3 players. On offense, their playbook is like "another team" I am familiar with. They only use 1 page of playbook and have no running game. The most over rated 6-6 team in nation, (now 6-7). Mendenhall is full of "hot air".
Who said Christmas was over?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I really thought last year that betweeen UVa and Tech that UVa hired the better coach.
Now I'm not so sure. :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I really thought last year that betweeen UVa and Tech that UVa hired the better coach.
Now I'm not so sure. :dontgetit
UVA made their first Bowl game since, what? 2005? They have a larger hill to climb talent wise than did Tech.
But it’s not like Tech didn’t get spanked last night! Of course that was against a sophisticated offense. Not the high school offense that the US Naval Academy runs :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
VT played a much tougher opponent than UVA.

Mendenhall won at BYU because he had more older, mature , tougher and better disciplined players than he has in Charlottesville. He blows some of same music that Mike London blew while he was HC.

If I recall correctly, many BYU players went on a 2 year Mormon Mission, before their college career ended, thus the reason for older players.

I guess most UVA players went to Hooville in hopes of early playing time. They certainly did not go there to be on a winning team.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: They certainly did not go there to be on a winning team.
I think your observations about UVa are wacko- probably relate more to our team. I would add that UVa players probably use better grammar than... some who post here. :wink:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:They certainly did not go there to be on a winning team.

Here's a thought, ballcoach: maybe they chose UVa to get a world-class EDUCATION. Study
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: They certainly did not go there to be on a winning team.
I think your observations about UVa are wacko- probably relate more to our team. I would add that UVa players probably use better grammar than... some who post here. :wink:
I no like uva. I not know rest
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good grammar is important in certain facets of written communication, but not on a sports message board.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Good grammar is important in certain facets of written communication, but not on a sports message board.
It is important if you want anyone to take your opinion seriously. Look at what happens to Cruzan when he/she gets frazzled. Grammar, punctuation, spelling and syntax all become flexible.
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Good grammar is important in certain facets of written communication, but not on a sports message board.
It is important if you want anyone to take your opinion seriously. Look at what happens to Cruzan when he/she gets frazzled. Grammar, punctuation, spelling and syntax all become flexible.
Well mostly I am frazzled based on what I posted even though I never said my statements will happen. When I was attacked about grammar, I just received corny sarcasm. It is what it is anyway because this is just a forum.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
When it is intentional, it makes one hard to take seriously. I'm assuming you use poor grammar for the attention it brings, because some things you write are very readable ( The quoted comment above, for example). At first, I attributed it to old age, by my 78 year old father makes more sense with his written/typed/texted words than you do and he still uses a flip phone!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I can write "halfway" proper when need arises, but when I was in the Army, "bullet comments" were utilized more often than not. (Both verbal and written). I still have a military mindset most of the time.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I can write "halfway" proper when need arises, but when I was in the Army, "bullet comments" were utilized more often than not. (Both verbal and written). I still have a military mindset most of the time.
Do you have an identity outside of your service?
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I can write "halfway" proper when need arises, but when I was in the Army, "bullet comments" were utilized more often than not. (Both verbal and written). I still have a military mindset most of the time.
I'm sure military leaders like reports that say "I not know why..."

My father served, cooked in the army, and he doesn't speak or write that way, nor does my stepfather (CPO). 2 grandfathers, both Colonels, demanded proper grammar and etiquette. Maybe that is old man stuff, but aren't you an oldie, too?
By Class of 20Something
rogers3 wrote:
I'm sure military leaders like reports that say "I not know why..."

My father served, cooked in the army, and he doesn't speak or write that way, nor does my stepfather (CPO). 2 grandfathers, both Colonels, demanded proper grammar and etiquette. Maybe that is old man stuff, but aren't you an oldie, too?
Check out the *Tongue and Quill." Still mandatory reading in ROTC and for most NCOs
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]