If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Unless we find a way to improve the defense from this past season. I believe Army led the nation in rushing.

I have always wanted to visit West Point. Our game up there will be a good time to do it.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Unless we find a way to improve the defense from this past season. I believe Army led the nation in rushing.

I have always wanted to visit West Point. Our game up there will be a good time to do it.
I'm trying to convince my family the same.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm pitching a weekend in Manhattan to my wife. She seems intrigued. Hopefully the cheap flights last long enough to make it happen.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It's about an 8 hour drive from Lynchburg to West Point. I have only been "up north" 3 times in my life. Once to Pocono Raceway, once to Redskins training camp in Carlisle, PA and once to Bristol, PA.

I am almost like the old guy in southern Georgia. Someone asked him if he had ever been up north ? He replied, " yea, I went to Atlanta one time"
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, we need to do a road trip, if I don't have a Quiz Bowl tournament. :oldhag :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Have you looked at Amtrak?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Probably not. Would you recommend it, Purple?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Whenever we go to NYC or I have meetings up the East Coast that’s my first choice. Not sure where the nearest station to West Point is but I’m sure you can find it
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I did some research reference Amtrak to West Point. The best I can determine is one would have to ride train into NY city, then catch alternate mode of travel up to West Point.
I will drive from Gretna to West Point. I do not want to go near NY city.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: I will drive from Gretna to West Point. I do not want to go near NY city.
Those are my thoughts exactly, ballcoach. The only time I go to NYC is on a tour bus with olldflame and flameconvert for an LU football game against Stony Brook (twice).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: I will drive from Gretna to West Point. I do not want to go near NY city.
Those are my thoughts exactly, ballcoach. The only time I go to NYC is on a tour bus with olldflame and flameconvert for an LU football game against Stony Brook (twice).
I bet you would go into Penn Station (Madison Sq Garden) then have to transfer to another rail spur. Shouldn’t be too difficult for a Quiz Bowl Coach but there is that Marshall thing too.
I would go crazy being in a car that long driving up the Eastern seaboard
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I've done subways in Boston and DC, but have never ridden a train. Purple, why don't you join us and be our guide? Think how much fun it would be hanging out with ballcoach and me for 8 or 10 hours each way!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I've done subways in Boston and DC, but have never ridden a train. Purple, why don't you join us and be our guide? Think how much fun it would be hanging out with ballcoach and me for 8 or 10 hours each way!
Let me check my schedule...........

Yeah. I’m sure I have that thing with the guy
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If I drive to West Point, I will use my Army training, and do a "flanking movement". Drive north and stay west of NY city, once I come on line with West Point turn east and proceed to the objective. I have not yet completed a route recon via map , but I will when I get time
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So driving up I-81 North and eventually turning RIGHT above NYC? That's how I would go. But you're not packing MREs for the drive, are you, ballcoach?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:They will be a beast for us to face on September 8th in West Point.
The service academies practically have the TO down to a science, and still can throw some extra wrinkles into it to keep defenses honest
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference MREs, "we will "rough and tough it". No luxuries on trip.
:BS you’ll be stopping at select Burger Kings on the way
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm affraid "no luxuries" means we'll be eating apples, Slim Jims, and beef jerky. Or maybe C-Rations.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reminds me of the time about 12 years ago, several of us went to a baseball tournament in Danville. We rode with a guy who is worth about 12,000,000 dollars. For the meal he carried us a loaf of bread, tomatos and Cokes in a bottle.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No MEAT???
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I'm affraid "no luxuries" means we'll be eating apples, Slim Jims, and beef jerky. Or maybe C-Rations.
If you Sweet talk him he might upgrade to K-Rations

[youtube]c34s1ntOmZE[/youtube]
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]