If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
all this work to get in teams that play lesser schedules is absurd. there is no reason to put teams 7-10 into the discussion. they are 7-10 for a reason. name 1 team over the years that was ranked out of the top 5 that you thought was championship caliber after 12 games? you can't. so there is no reason to include them in some playoff system. i think 4 teams is enough most of the time but i think it would be no issue to make it 6 teams.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
thepostman wrote:I think in some degree it is working.
We are talking about it at this very moment.
We are also talking about Baker Mayfield as a Liberty Flame too. So.....
By Class of 20Something
RubberMallet wrote:all this work to get in teams that play lesser schedules is absurd. there is no reason to put teams 7-10 into the discussion. they are 7-10 for a reason. name 1 team over the years that was ranked out of the top 5 that you thought was championship caliber after 12 games? you can't. so there is no reason to include them in some playoff system. i think 4 teams is enough most of the time but i think it would be no issue to make it 6 teams.
Auburn, Ohio State, USC. That's just this year. Oh, whoops, Wisconsin and UCF too.

If the top 4 are truly Championship caliber, they should have to win more than one game to get there.

Come off the smug "lesser schedules" nonsense. The committee FORCED Alabama in with their garbage schedule. Ohhhhh Mercer! Ohhhh Vanderbilt, Colorado State, and Fresno State. Oh but let's not forget their studly SEC schedule with Tennessee, Ole Miss and Arkansas.

Every B1G school plays a tougher schedule than the best SEC schedule and they got left out of the playoff.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The B1G went what? 7-1 in Bowl Season? Thanks Harbaugh
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Year in and year out, the Big 10 plays the easiest schedule of any P5 conference. SEC plays the toughest. The toughest conference in football is the SEC "West".

Wisconsin's schedule:

Utah State
Florida Atlantic
BYU
Northwestern
Nebraska
Purdue
Maryland
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota.

Most ACC and SEC teams could have gone undefeated with this schedule.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Year in and year out, the Big 10 plays the easiest schedule of any P5 conference. SEC plays the toughest. The toughest conference in football is the SEC "West".

Wisconsin's schedule:

Utah State
Florida Atlantic
BYU
Northwestern
Nebraska
Purdue
Maryland
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota.

:roll:

Still a harder schedule than Alabama.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Year in and year out, the Big 10 plays the easiest schedule of any P5 conference. SEC plays the toughest. The toughest conference in football is the SEC "West".

Wisconsin's schedule:

Utah State
Florida Atlantic
BYU
Northwestern
Nebraska
Purdue
Maryland
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota.

How many Bowl Teams on that schedule?
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:

Wisconsin's schedule:

Utah State
Florida Atlantic
BYU
Northwestern
Nebraska
Purdue
Maryland
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota.

How many Bowl Teams on that schedule?
7 on 'Bama's
6 on Wisconsin's
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If Wisconsin had played Auburn, LSU, Miss. State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M , Tennessee and Arkansas they would have probably won 2 of the 8 games.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:If Wisconsin had played Auburn, LSU, Miss. State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M , Tennessee and Arkansas they would have probably won 2 of the 8 games.
SEC Goggles are worse than Beer Goggles.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If Wisconsin had played Auburn, LSU, Miss. State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M , Tennessee and Arkansas they would have probably won 2 of the 8 games.
Which makes you frightful to think of the people he woke up with in the morning!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I’ll bite. Which Big 10 or Pac 12 team should have been in the top 4?
By Class of 20Something
I don't see how people here don't see the SEC bias, even in themselves. It is absolutely unacceptable that in a 4 team playoff that a team that didn't even play in a conference championship got in over two other P5 Champions and an undefeated team in the best G5 conference.

A playoff is an earned achievement that Alabama was given at the expense of programs that earned it. Alabama played one game against a team that finished in the top 10 and lost. The committee compromised any semblance of integrity by punishing Wisconsin for actually making and subsequently losing their conference championship while Alabama and Nick Saban spent the Saturday in sweats on a couch.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Alabama had 11-1 record playing SEC schedule and playing the #3 team in nation to open season.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Alabama had 11-1 record playing SEC schedule and playing the #3 team in nation to open season.
That's over selling FSU by a lot.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Alabama had 11-1 record playing SEC schedule and playing the #3 team in nation to open season.
And FSU sucked.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Once FSU QB got hurt, they were done.
So.....you are undermining your own argument? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
At beginning of season FSU was ranked #3 . Alabama played the toughest opening game of any playoff contenders. it was a #1 vs #3 matchup. At he time no one knew FSU would lose their QB and struggled to finish 6-6.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:At beginning of season FSU was ranked #3 . Alabama played the toughest opening game of any playoff contenders. it was a #1 vs #3 matchup. At he time no one knew FSU would lose their QB and struggled to finish 6-6.
It's not like he got hurt week 5 or something. He got hurt against Alabama. It doesn't take a genius to recognize that you aren't playing the #3 team when they don't have their best player. As we saw later, they weren't even a top 25 team without Francois.

Like I said before, Alabama played one game against a team that FINISHED in the top 10 and lost that game.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:all this work to get in teams that play lesser schedules is absurd. there is no reason to put teams 7-10 into the discussion. they are 7-10 for a reason. name 1 team over the years that was ranked out of the top 5 that you thought was championship caliber after 12 games? you can't. so there is no reason to include them in some playoff system. i think 4 teams is enough most of the time but i think it would be no issue to make it 6 teams.
Auburn, Ohio State, USC. That's just this year. Oh, whoops, Wisconsin and UCF too.

If the top 4 are truly Championship caliber, they should have to win more than one game to get there.

Come off the smug "lesser schedules" nonsense. The committee FORCED Alabama in with their garbage schedule. Ohhhhh Mercer! Ohhhh Vanderbilt, Colorado State, and Fresno State. Oh but let's not forget their studly SEC schedule with Tennessee, Ole Miss and Arkansas.

Every B1G school plays a tougher schedule than the best SEC schedule and they got left out of the playoff.
you are high. USC? lol. wisconsin and ucf? What are you talking about? i see you just sluff off SOS like it doesn't matter at all. thats interesting. all teams play cupcakes calm down.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU probably will play a tougher schedule that most B10 schools.

In most seasons, some SEC schools that are not ranked in top 10, are better than some schools who are ranked.

When I think of football schedules of Big 10, my mind always points towards the deli section of Kroger or Food Lion. That's where the cupcakes are .
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:LU probably will play a tougher schedule that most B10 schools.

In most seasons, some SEC schools that are not ranked in top 10, are better than some schools who are ranked.

When I think of football schedules of Big 10, my mind always points towards the deli section of Kroger or Food Lion. That's where the cupcakes are .
Yeah. No SEC bias there
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There are those who think SEC isn't the best football conference. Well 2 SEC teams are playing for national championship Monday. A 3rd, (Auburn, just missed playoffs).

I will bet the farm that a SEC school is crowned national champion Monday night in Atlanta.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]