If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:There are those who think SEC isn't the best football conference. Well 2 SEC teams are playing for national championship Monday. A 3rd, (Auburn, just missed playoffs).

I will bet the farm that a SEC school is crowned national champion Monday night in Atlanta.
Circular logic is circular. :roll:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
... and an undefeated squad that just beat the school that took down the two teams playing Monday is smiling at the stupidity of the current predicament.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I love how ballcoach just argued for UCF while attempting to claim that the SEC is king. So perfect.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I love how ballcoach just argued for UCF while attempting to claim that the SEC is king. So perfect.
It’s a dizzying display of logic
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:I love how ballcoach just argued for UCF while attempting to claim that the SEC is king. So perfect.
You might even call it a Whopper.
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Inconceivable
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
You might even call it a Whopper.
I see what you did there
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I don't see how people here don't see the SEC bias, even in themselves. It is absolutely unacceptable that in a 4 team playoff that a team that didn't even play in a conference championship got in over two other P5 Champions and an undefeated team in the best G5 conference.

A playoff is an earned achievement that Alabama was given at the expense of programs that earned it. Alabama played one game against a team that finished in the top 10 and lost. The committee compromised any semblance of integrity by punishing Wisconsin for actually making and subsequently losing their conference championship while Alabama and Nick Saban spent the Saturday in sweats on a couch.
You never answered my question!
By Class of 20Something
alabama24 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I don't see how people here don't see the SEC bias, even in themselves. It is absolutely unacceptable that in a 4 team playoff that a team that didn't even play in a conference championship got in over two other P5 Champions and an undefeated team in the best G5 conference.

A playoff is an earned achievement that Alabama was given at the expense of programs that earned it. Alabama played one game against a team that finished in the top 10 and lost. The committee compromised any semblance of integrity by punishing Wisconsin for actually making and subsequently losing their conference championship while Alabama and Nick Saban spent the Saturday in sweats on a couch.
You didn't read the thread.

OSU, UCF, USC. All conference champions.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
alabama24 wrote:

You didn't read the thread.

OSU, UCF, USC. All conference champions.
So you really think that those three teams were BETTER than BAMA? :roll:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
All three have the ability to beat them. USC would take a significant upset based on their bowl performance. Alabama's resume isn't very impressive.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Bama got in on Name Recognition. Auburn UCF Ohio St and USC had better arguments going in
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:LU probably will play a tougher schedule that most B10 schools.

In most seasons, some SEC schools that are not ranked in top 10, are better than some schools who are ranked.

When I think of football schedules of Big 10, my mind always points towards the deli section of Kroger or Food Lion. That's where the cupcakes are .
No wonder I can never find the cupcakes! I've been looking in the bakery this entire time!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Great year for UCF football! They win a national championship AND UCF alum Blake Bortles is one win away from the Super Bowl!

:)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Great year for UCF football! They win a national championship AND UCF alum Blake Bortles is one win away from the Super Bowl!

:)
All Hail The Knights! They are on a Football Crusade
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Alabama offensive coordinator leaving to return to NFL. Buffalo Bills. I think most of Tide Nation is glad he leaving.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Alabama offensive coordinator leaving to return to NFL. Buffalo Bills. I think most of Tide Nation is glad he leaving.
Ingrates
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:If Wisconsin had played Auburn, LSU, Miss. State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M , Tennessee and Arkansas they would have probably won 2 of the 8 games.
SEC Goggles are worse than Beer Goggles.

yeah, they'd of def lost 1 or 2 of those games but that would of been between the first 3 listed. the last 4 wisc is better than.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]