If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
<crickets>

(Roll Tide! :D :football)

To be honest, I didn't expect this outcome, but am certainly glad for it (and think it the right call). Set BAMA aside (assume they had a couple more losses), who DESERVED the #4 spot? Not Ohio. Wisconsin deserved it more! Who had the better "eye test"? Imo, USC.

I think that BAMA outperformed this year... I thought it would be a down year (and it was!). If we can get healthy though, we have as good a chance of taking home the championship as the others. The teams seem more evenly matched to me this year than in previous years... but now that I have said that we will have two blowouts. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:<crickets>

(Roll Tide! :D :football)

To be honest, I didn't expect this outcome, but am certainly glad for it (and think it the right call). Set BAMA aside (assume they had a couple more losses), who DESERVED the #4 spot? Not Ohio. Wisconsin deserved it more! Who had the better "eye test"? Imo, USC.

I think that BAMA outperformed this year... I thought it would be a down year (and it was!). If we can get healthy though, we have as good a chance of taking home the championship as the others. The teams seem more evenly matched to me this year than in previous years... but now that I have said that we will have two blowouts. :lol:
I would have thought it would go to USC since they were the other P5 Conference Champ. But Alabama is a bigger brand name at this point
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
An Oklahoma Clemson game would be fun to watch. I’d fall asleep watching Georgia and Bama
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'd still love a 16 team play off. All 10 conference champions get in and then 6 at large bids.

I know it will never happen but that's my dream.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'd still love a 16 team play off. All 10 conference champions get in and then 6 at large bids.

I know it will never happen but that's my dream.
I’d be ok with 8. P5 Champs with 3 At Large. This then gives you a chance to match up those teams that lose in another bowl match up which would mean more money
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:If there’s 8 you have to include the top G5 school.
Why?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think that would be a cool thing too but the power 5 will do nothing to help out the G5 conferences.

I hope UCF destroys Auburn in the Peach Bowl. Screw the SEC
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:If there’s 8 you have to include the top G5 school.
2 at large. Top g5 is auto. Gives them something to play for, right now half the programs start the season with that goal out of reach even if they're perfect.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
8 teams will be plenty. sorry ucf, this is hawaii all over again.

bama was the clear #4 choice for the most part. they lost to a good team and only have 1 loss. they beat fsu who had their QB at the time. they put teams away in the 1st quarter of most games. while they played not the greatest schedule, they handled it ridiculously.

osu lost to iowa like got destroyed. they also allowed teams to stay in games and only begun pulling away in many of them in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

USC doesn't pass the eye test. they only beat really well oregon st. everyone else stays close and then they got trounced by ND.
By Jonathan Carone
I want the G5’s best team in there because at all other levels and in all other sports, if you have a truly great season you at least get the opportunity to test yourself against the best teams. Those kids deserve that chance, even if they get smoked. If the P5 conference champs are all included, you could do the top G5 and still get two at larges.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I know that my idea is in the minority of the minority. I had come up with a 16 team playoff

10 conference champions (11 at the time because the WAC still sponsored football)
6 at large

Seed the top 4 and each of them host a 4 team bracket with games on campus sites (Someone had said on the radio this morning about having more games on campus). Final four and National Championship remain unchanged and reduce the number of bowl games by only allowing teams with an above .500 record to a bowl game and redistributing the money from the bowls that were eliminated to allow for bigger payouts
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I love the 16 team format but it'll never happen. The compromise to that is what Jon suggested earlier in the thread. That would also help elevate the importance of some of these G5 games. Which is exactly why it won't happen.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Going to 8 and giving a G5 team a spot every year, opens up so much for LU and all G5s. We would have so much more to play for. Here is to hoping it happens in the next 10 years. It will take every card falling perfectly for 10 years before LU could claim the G5 spot.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]