If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I not know much about them, other than they have a good softball program. I not even know if they have a football team.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
No football. Initiated by USC-U because travel is so much further and more expensive for them in ASun.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I not know much about them, other than they have a good softball program. I not even know if they have a football team.
I not know why you say this.

After seeing this in your comments over and over again, I just had to say something.

Carry on.
By Jonathan Carone
JK37 wrote:No football. Initiated by USC-U because travel is so much further and more expensive for them in ASun.
I think it's a good move for both parties.

For Upstate: travel is so much better. Everything is under four hours and mostly on the interstate except for Liberty/Longwood and those two will likely be paired together travel wise. Not to mention four schools that are under two hours away. That's a pretty nice setup.

For the Big South: replaces the mid-sized state school it lost in Coastal. Keeps the privates vs public balanced (6 private, 5 public). Protects itself if Liberty or Presbyterian leave. Keeps the footprint in the mainly in the Carolinas. Gives possibilities for local rivalries to develop.

All-in-all, Liberty is the outlier in the league as the school wanting to spend a bunch of money on athletics. Upstate fits in with the rest of the schools who like athletics but don't want to spend a ton of cash on them.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Basketball is solid but their arena sits a whopping 837. About 50 more seats than the Buc Dome.

As Jon stated above its a perfect fit for the smaller schools and the location.

I still think Liberty should switch over to the ASUN. Better fit with schools that are comparable in size and are willing to spend their resources.
Last edited by ballah09 on November 15th, 2017, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I not know much about them, other than they have a good softball program. I not even know if they have a football team.

After seeing this in your comments over and over again, I just had to say something.

Carry on.
I get a Caveman or Me Tarzan You Jane thing going on in my head every time
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
rogers3 wrote:

Carry on.
I get a Caveman or Me Tarzan You Jane thing going on in my head every time
I think ballcoach blames it on his phone or something. Then he acts as if he is confused- that makes it even worse!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Initiated by USC-U because travel is so much further and more expensive for them in ASun.
Does that mean that the ASun has an OPENING?
Hmm...very interesting.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Adding Hampton is a great addition. Makes you wonder what’s going on with us and Presbyterian with the additions of USCUS and Hampton.

If we have to stay in the BS in all sports then I wouldn’t mind a rivalry with them that or HPU.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Rogers3, did you not understand that ballcoach speaks in 1611 King James English? Study :dontgetit :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Rogers3, did you not understand that ballcoach speaks in 1611 King James English? Study :dontgetit :lol:
:rofl

Forgive them they not know they do
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Rogers3, did you not understand that ballcoach speaks in 1611 King James English? Study :dontgetit :lol:
King James would correct him, I'm sure.

Ballcoach should have had to sit in on Lilly Isaacs' Grammar class back in the day.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Grammar is important in Cider's Honors Program, but not so much on a sports message board.

In the military, we used Bullet Comments, short, sweet and to the point. No need to jam up raio traffic with long sentences.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I not....
I don’t..... :dontgetit Study

They no look long

:D
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Our previous golf coach, Mark, can't remember his last name, used to be the AD, don't know if he is still there or not.
Was there another golf coach between Landry and Thomas?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Did anyone else catch this in that inside higher ed piece on Liberty & Jerry a couple weeks ago?
Could Liberty license its online model to be used elsewhere? The university has not decided to do so, Falwell said. But he left the door open to such an arrangement. Liberty is already partnering with Hampton University. The universities aren’t disclosing the terms of that partnership, but plans call for it to involve athletics and online academics.

“I took my senior team up a few weeks ago to kick the tires, so to speak, because I heard a lot about their academic program, their online program,” said Hampton’s president, William R. Harvey.
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/201 ... sity-peaks
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:Did anyone else catch this in that inside higher ed piece on Liberty & Jerry a couple weeks ago?
Could Liberty license its online model to be used elsewhere? The university has not decided to do so, Falwell said. But he left the door open to such an arrangement. Liberty is already partnering with Hampton University. The universities aren’t disclosing the terms of that partnership, but plans call for it to involve athletics and online academics.

“I took my senior team up a few weeks ago to kick the tires, so to speak, because I heard a lot about their academic program, their online program,” said Hampton’s president, William R. Harvey.
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/201 ... sity-peaks
It would be interesting. I would like to see how that would work. What’s Proprietary and what is not. Would LU farm out Support Services ? Very interesting
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Our previous golf coach, Mark, can't remember his last name, used to be the AD, don't know if he is still there or not.
Was there another golf coach between Landry and Thomas?
No
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Looks like Hampton to the Big South is a done deal, which is huge for the league's football future.

I think Monmouth sticks in the Big South as an associate for the long haul. I can't see the CAA wanting them, and I don't think Monmouth wants to leave the MAAC for all sports. Even if Presbyterian leaves, you still have Campbell, Hampton, Monmouth, GWU, CSU, Kennesaw and North Alabama, which is fairly stable. Monmouth does leave? Big South still retains its auto bid.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]