If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I not know much about them, other than they have a good softball program. I not even know if they have a football team.
No football team, therefore consistent with your previous position on schools like Longwood, High Point, etc. they "weaken" the conference and should not be admitted. Right?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Kallander is doing a good job with this. He’s setting the league up to be sustainable after losing its top two schools.
I agree. This just in; the weather report from Hades says cloudy and 20 degrees.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Hampton and USC Upstate bring a lot more to BSC than Longwood.
I will agree on Hampton, and of course they a have a football team, which the BSC needs right now. I don't see USC Upstate bringing a whole lot more than Longwood.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is not over IMHO. Get ready for Howard or possibly even Delaware State or NC A&T to follow suit for football at the minimum. MEAC football is on life support. Howard would be a fantastic addition alongside their rivals from the 757. I suspect we may see NSU and other schools consider dropping down to D2.

For the record, I have been calling for Hampton as well as NC A&T to be invited to the Big South for about a decade on this site. It is long overdue.
By Ewglenn
I think USC Upstate is a solid add. They are committed to athletics there. They just invested 4 million into their basketball arena a few years ago. While it is a small venue it is probably one of the nicer venues in the big south to watch a game.

"The Hodge Center was recently nationally recognized in a study by Stadium Journey Magazine, as the publication ranked the arena the 15th-best Division I college basketball arena for game atmosphere and experience. The Hodge Center finished ahead of Michigan State's Breslin Center (16), Louisville's Yum! Center (19), UConn's Gampel Pavilion (20), Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium (31), Indiana's Assembly Hall (34) and Florida's O'Connell Center (63)."
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Kallander is doing a good job with this. He’s setting the league up to be sustainable after losing its top two schools.
It pains me to agre with this. Obviously this is some type of fluke
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Our previous golf coach, Mark, can't remember his last name, used to be the AD, don't know if he is still there or not.
Was there another golf coach between Landry and Thomas?
His name is Mike Hall, he actually started/founded the golf program. He is no longer AD at USC Upstate. He is now the Commissioner Southern States Athletic Conference FWIW.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I remember Mike Hall. I worked in the athletic offices for a short stint. I don't remember if it was a job or a campus internship opportunity. Mike was THE compliance guy in addition to his golf duties. He's another good guy from the early-ish days.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Grammar is important in Cider's Honors Program, but not so much on a sports message board.

In the military, we used Bullet Comments, short, sweet and to the point. No need to jam up raio traffic with long sentences.
Come on now...were excuses used in the military?
By Class of 20Something
rogers3 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Grammar is important in Cider's Honors Program, but not so much on a sports message board.

In the military, we used Bullet Comments, short, sweet and to the point. No need to jam up raio traffic with long sentences.
Come on now...were excuses used in the military?
I call straight up shenanigans. Death By Powerpoint has been added to the UCMJ for capital crimes. Every commanders call I ever went to was SNCOs piggy backing off what the last guy said.

Nothing in the military is that efficient. Just because your hair was short doesn't mean your coms were.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]