If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He believed long before I did that tonight's Astros Championship would occur. My son is giddy. For the first time in his short life, one of his teams didn't disappoint him.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
World Series Champs!! I’ve been a fan of the Astros since 1979. The only thing that would have made it sweeter is if they had worn the rainbow jerseys for game 7. How about the June 2014 Sports Illustrated cover predicting the Astros would be 2017 WS champions.

Baseball is best!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Someone is Houston really LIKES the rainbow jerseys? :dontgetit Seriously, congratulations!

My Texas wife jumped on the bandwagon and is very happy the Astros won, even though she didn't realize that Houston had a team when she was growing up in El Paso. I had to inform her that that they were originally called the Colt 45s back in the Joe Morgan days, before he was traded to the Big Red Machine for Lee May (Sly probably remembers all that).
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Little Joe may actually not have been as good as what we are seeing now from Little Jose. Having experienced both up close in their prime it shocks me to even make that suggestion.

With D4 proving to be the steal of all steals in the NFL and with the Beard-CP3 tandem poised to make it a fun season in the NBA. it is a great time to be a sports fan in Houston.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I know a guy who was rooting for Dodgers. He was on receiving end of a large bottle of Colt 45 planted in his truck this morning.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
From the peak of excitement last night here in Houston ... to the depth of despair with the news today on Deshaun.

:banghead
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:From the peak of excitement last night here in Houston ... to the depth of despair with the news today on Deshaun.

:banghead
That is a real downer for sure. He was a shoo-in for rookie honors. And just a terrific kid to boot. He will bounce back.
By CCWMichael
As a life-long Astros fan I in particular love this team is run like everyone is family. New owner asks fans how uniforms and colors should go and we return to tradition. The owner takes all staff to the world series games ... and families. The manger, man what a guy. This team will rock for a long time with this culture. I can see the return of Bagwell, Biggio style of pay-cuts to stay and constantly win. What an octSTROHber.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am not the fan of Crane that you appear to be. Seling the franchise into the AL to give him a few bucks on his back pocet will not be forgotten in Houston anytime soon. But there is no denying the culture that is being built in the clubhouse and fan base. Over a million people showed up downtown ysterday for the parade according to police estimates. It had been far too long between parades in this town. 22 years is crazy for the nation's 4th largest city and 7th largest media market with ample resources and opportunity. And no, MLS title parades do not count.
By CCWMichael
Sly Fox wrote:I am not the fan of Crane that you appear to be. Seling the franchise into the AL to give him a few bucks on his back pocet will not be forgotten in Houston anytime soon. But there is no denying the culture that is being built in the clubhouse and fan base. Over a million people showed up downtown ysterday for the parade according to police estimates. It had been far too long between parades in this town. 22 years is crazy for the nation's 4th largest city and 7th largest media market with ample resources and opportunity. And no, MLS title parades do not count.
McClane the loser sold out Houston. Here is a snippet from an article about the sale and I will provide a link for the full article. Not one person I knew while in Houston are anywhere Liked McLoser and I certainly will never forget why the Astros moved.

"Selig was careful to say that McLane, not Crane, was the person who accepted the pre-sale stipulation that the Astros move to the AL. Last May, when McLane and Crane came to agreement, the sale price was announced at $680 million. But when Crane was told the sale was contingent on the Astros changing leagues, he was granted a $70 million credit. That discount reportedly is being split evenly by MLB and McLane". Reference is http://m.mlb.com/news/article/25992120//
I dig Crane BIG TIME
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]