If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:On a somewhat related note has anybody read the U.S. Flag Code. If we are going by that the flag is pretty much disrespected daily.

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml;jses ... ion=prelim

And just for fun here is some fake news for you in regards to the history of the national anthem prior to sporting events. What I found most interesting is NFL players coming out for the national anthem is a pretty new development.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/us/nfl-na ... index.html
I was having this discussion with a friend of mine who isn't into Sports. I was trying to explain that 'Anthem Etiquette' is very ambiguous and you can't really quantify it in that realm. It's more a measure of what's DISRESPECTFUL then what's RESPECTFUL. I said every Sport has unwritten rules and this applies to the Anthem. It's not expected for you to stand etc when it's played if you are watching on TV or listening on the radio At the event it's a very low threshold is pretty low. Stand up with your hat off. You can have your hand over your heart, be at 'parade rest' hands at your side singing or not singing. Heck, even head bowed in quiet contemplation will pass muster. You are going to be 'rewarded' for at least the effort. But you will not be 'rewarded' if you make an effort to not be respectful
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There's only one way to totally show proper respect for national anthem.

Stand at "position of attention", place right hand over heart. face flag. if no flag visible, face music.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There's only one way to totally show proper respect for national anthem.

Stand at "position of attention", place right hand over heart. face flag. if no flag visible, face music.
Isn’t that two ways?
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:On a somewhat related note has anybody read the U.S. Flag Code. If we are going by that the flag is pretty much disrespected daily.

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml;jses ... ion=prelim

And just for fun here is some fake news for you in regards to the history of the national anthem prior to sporting events. What I found most interesting is NFL players coming out for the national anthem is a pretty new development.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/us/nfl-na ... index.html
I was having this discussion with a friend of mine who isn't into Sports. I was trying to explain that 'Anthem Etiquette' is very ambiguous and you can't really quantify it in that realm. It's more a measure of what's DISRESPECTFUL then what's RESPECTFUL. I said every Sport has unwritten rules and this applies to the Anthem. It's not expected for you to stand etc when it's played if you are watching on TV or listening on the radio At the event it's a very low threshold is pretty low. Stand up with your hat off. You can have your hand over your heart, be at 'parade rest' hands at your side singing or not singing. Heck, even head bowed in quiet contemplation will pass muster. You are going to be 'rewarded' for at least the effort. But you will not be 'rewarded' if you make an effort to not be respectful
the military paid the nfl to make the players come out and stand for the anthem anyway. its all becoming pretty ridiculous.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Some many Snowflakes are protesting something these days, protests have mostly lost their power . Most of the snowflakes don't even know what they are protesting. Media should ignore them, and 99% would go away. But the liberal media is more focused on some jerk protesting than they are the final score of the game.
This is a textbook definition of a snowflake :lol:
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]