If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

ballcoach15 wrote:I hope that 5,000 dollar fine doesn't force the football program into bankruptcy . NCAA should have slammed them harder. Coaches should have known that was against rules.
I don't know. Maybe if they were a bowl team every year they would have gotten hit harder. They want to discourage it without ending UVa football forever. It's not like it made them any better at football. No need to kick them while they're down. They are bad enough, I think we could get a win on the road with the current roster, let alone in 2 or 3 years.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope that 5,000 dollar fine doesn't force the football program into bankruptcy . NCAA should have slammed them harder. Coaches should have known that was against rules.
I don't know. Maybe if they were a bowl team every year they would have gotten hit harder. They want to discourage it without ending UVa football forever. It's not like it made them any better at football. No need to kick them while they're down. They are bad enough, I think we could get a win on the road with the current roster, let alone in 2 or 3 years.
So, we should base punishment on level of success? That seems like a slippery slope. "I know you tried to rob a bank, but you're bankrupt...so, I'm giving you a reduced sentence."
VAGolf wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
So, we should base punishment on level of success? That seems like a slippery slope. "I know you tried to rob a bank, but you're bankrupt...so, I'm giving you a reduced sentence."
I guess the jest didn't come over. I really think its a silly thing at all. But, that's my $.02. Sure punishments need to be exact and consistent. I can understand their frustration when recruits don't match their profiles. It doesn't seem there is a "legal" way to verify.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im with 20Something...I think that's a pretty silly thing to be sanctioned over, because kids will overstate their numbers (heck for a number of years I said I was an even 6-0 but turns out Im actually 5-11 3/4) so it makes sense to find some way to verify it for yourself in person
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If they had got the death penalty, it would not have bothered me. I dislike UVA football more than any other team in any sport.
Which is exactly why your opinion on this (and a lot of other things) is meaningless.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The First Amendment to Constitution gives you, me, Santa Claus, and everyone else the right to state our opinion. You do not have to agree with my opinion, nor do I have to agree with yours. But I am mature enough to respect your opinion, along with everyone else's on this board, without resorting to "personal attacks". I see posts most everyday, that I don't always agree with, but I respect the poster's right to state his opinion. Thus I not attack him.
If everyone had same thoughts and opinions on each issue/sport/game etc. Message boards would be no fun.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
The First Amendment does not apply to private entities Study
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The First Amendment to Constitution gives you, me, Santa Claus, and everyone else the right to state our opinion. You do not have to agree with my opinion, nor do I have to agree with yours. But I am mature enough to respect your opinion, along with everyone else's on this board, without resorting to "personal attacks". I see posts most everyday, that I don't always agree with, but I respect the poster's right to state his opinion. Thus I not attack him.
If everyone had same thoughts and opinions on each issue/sport/game etc. Message boards would be no fun.
That's not the purpose of the first amendment. It's one thing to have an opinion; it's quite another to say a school should receive the death penalty because you simply don't like them.
jbock13 wrote:The First Amendment does not apply to private entities Study
And there is no Santa Clause
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Leave it to FF to turn a Level III rules violation into a discussion on Constitutional rights. SMH

One is only entitled to an opinion if they can defend it.

Emotions and feelings are illogical bases for opinion.
JK37 wrote:Leave it to FF to turn a Level III rules violation into a discussion on Constitutional rights. SMH

One is only entitled to an opinion if they can defend it.

Emotions and feelings are illogical bases for opinion.
And saying 'I have a right to say it' isn't really a good defense of your position.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Leave it to LIBERTY fans to turn a Level III rules violation into a discussion on Constitutional rights. SMH
FIFY. It's more punny this way.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He said that he thought UVA should get the "death penalty" for a trivial infraction. His reason.... he doesn't like them. He has said similar things for the same reason a number of times.
He is free to blather on all he likes, but if he expects people to take him seriously, he needs to have some sort of basis for what he says beyond who he does or doesn't "like".
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
JK37 wrote:Leave it to BALLCOACH to turn a Level III rules violation into a discussion on Constitutional rights. SMH
FIFY. It's more punny this way.
FIFY

Because ballcoach makes most threads around here borderline insane. He has surpassed BJ. That's quite the accomplishment.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No, I've met the man. Loves LU almost as much as the Army. I hope he will visit one of my tailgates next fall. :tailgate :football
Cider Jim wrote:No, I've met the man. Loves LU almost as much as the Army. I hope he will visit one of my tailgates next fall. :tailgate :football
What lot do you tailgate in? There was always a good one next to ours at the bottom of Bailey lot over the tunnel
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We're over on the Green Hall parking lot between the ice rink and law school (next to the indoor practice facility): I think our spots are numbered 15-18.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]