If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Not that anyone watched but history was made last night. If you had UCONN winning the Women's Tournament your bracket is busted. They lose in OT to Mississippi St. and say good bye to their 111 game win streak. I used to hate Geno but over the years he's mellowed and I've grown to like him and his style. Big props to both teams. Watch the highlights if you get a chance
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The flagrant seemed ridiculous. Glad to see the Miss State victory earned with that crazy buzzer-beater.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The flagrant seemed ridiculous. Glad to see the Miss State victory earned with that crazy buzzer-beater.
Yeah. I'm not sure I like that rule. They obviously missed the foul when it happened. Seemed odd that you can go back and make that call retrospectively. But them the rules
Heck of a shot by the little PG from MSU
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Was at the game. HUGE happening for the sport. ESPN and WBB took a massive step forward last night. Most-streamed WBB game ever.

Agreed about flagrant. After that, and Lou making both FT's, I was dreading that UCONN would win. Then, the entire trajectory of the coverage would've been the flagrant foul.

Vic Schaeffer is a devout Christian. Love him!! Also a defensive wizard. Their game plan was superb.

UCONN had to lose at some point. The people who say their dominance is bad for the sport are total whack-jobs. What a dramatic and entertaining way for it to happen.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I can't speak for anybody but myself but UCONN has caused me to watch women's basketball less than ever. Obviously the numbers say I'm in the minority.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I hear you. It's about the long-term. They set the bar higher than ever. The sport is vastly improve over just 10 years ago.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I can't speak for anybody but myself but UCONN has caused me to watch women's basketball less than ever. Obviously the numbers say I'm in the minority.
UCONN is good to watch because they play at such a high level. The problem is the majority of the teams they play are not neat that level.
Now, for a fun time you should watch the Appomattox Girls play. Those games are entertaining
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Paying for my gas?
I'm sure you can get gas without my help. :mrgreen:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I like Coach Geno. Cannot post why, because it would be politically incorrect. But I was glad to see a SEC team break the streak if it had to be broken. That's better than if it had been Notre Dame, Stanford or some Big 10 team.

I was glad South Carolina won the championship last night. That makes 3 national championships for the state in last 10 months. Coastal Carolina, Clemson and USC.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: UCONN is good to watch because they play at such a high level. The problem is the majority of the teams they play are not neat that level.
Just to show my cards, I'm a UConn homer, love that the women's team dominates, and Geno has lived in my hometown for years. And, given all that, I don't really enjoy women's basketball very much.

So, that being said, I agree with what you posted, but the "majority of teams" comment is a given, it can't be helped. You can say that with any top team. But, the one thing that I've always admired about women's college basketball is that all the teams at the very top always play each other every year during the regular season. I don't know if it's like this across the board, but at least in UConn's case, they don't pad their schedule, they play the best competition they can. And to me, that makes their dominance all that more incredible.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: UCONN is good to watch because they play at such a high level. The problem is the majority of the teams they play are not neat that level.
Just to show my cards, I'm a UConn homer, love that the women's team dominates, and Geno has lived in my hometown for years. And, given all that, I don't really enjoy women's basketball very much.

So, that being said, I agree with what you posted, but the "majority of teams" comment is a given, it can't be helped. You can say that with any top team. But, the one thing that I've always admired about women's college basketball is that all the teams at the very top always play each other every year during the regular season. I don't know if it's like this across the board, but at least in UConn's case, they don't pad their schedule, they play the best competition they can. And to me, that makes their dominance all that more incredible.
You are spot on about UCONN taking on all comers and that is admirable. However there is such a drop off between them and everyone else it's noticeably. You don't see that in MBB CFB or any pro sport.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i watched the final quarter of the uconn game. longest i'd ever watched womens basketball. i guess it was what i expected. slow, methodical, shooting balls into the bottom of the rim often, airballs, lots of falling. not compelling basketball at all regardless of how close it was.

i did notice they swallow the whistle more which is nice. but overall my ebay rating for this seller would be "would not recommend"
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I enjoy watching WBB, when good teams are playing. I drove down to ECU a couple years ago to watch UConn play East Carolina. Also went to Duke to watch UConn.

Now I would not go watch 2 BSC teams play, other than LU. Heck I once went to Charlottesville to see UVA play Miami. Just wanted to see a UVA player play, who I saw in high school .
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]