If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
An anonymous accusation via letter? That's all it takes to suspend an entire team nowadays? Anyone can write an anonymous letter accusing people of committing all sorts of heinous criminal offenses
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:An anonymous accusation via letter? That's all it takes to suspend an entire team nowadays? Anyone can write an anonymous letter accusing people of committing all sorts of heinous criminal offenses
That letter was written and received at the beginning of the month. The university probably has other evidence at this point and that's causing the suspension. CCU is actually handling this much better than Baylor.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:An anonymous accusation via letter? That's all it takes to suspend an entire team nowadays? Anyone can write an anonymous letter accusing people of committing all sorts of heinous criminal offenses
That letter was written and received at the beginning of the month. The university probably has other evidence at this point and that's causing the suspension. CCU is actually handling this much better than Baylor.
Off topic. Do you drive a camaro?
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
VAGolf wrote:
Off topic. Do you drive a camaro?
I don't but my Dad does. I'm guessing you saw him drive erratically through Lburg Wednesday?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No. I think I might have you confused. I saw one that had CJSweat on the license plate
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:No. I think I might have you confused. I saw one that had CJSweat on the license plate
Uh, that's bizarre. Really bizarre.

The real CJ Sweat (me) is a Ford guy. You won't catch me driving a Camaro or any other Chevy mess :)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:No. I think I might have you confused. I saw one that had CJSweat on the license plate

The real CJ Sweat (me) is a Ford guy. You won't catch me driving a Camaro or any other Chevy mess :)
FORD: Found On Road Dead
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:

Someone must be out trying to denigrate your rep.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I guess those 4 girls advertising on the dating site were just trying to meet some nice clean-cut guys for some platonic fun? If you believe that, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas I will sell you cheap. :roll:
Only a lawyer could say that with a straight face................. or maybe Susan Rice?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:I guess those 4 girls advertising on the dating site were just trying to meet some nice clean-cut guys for some platonic fun? If you believe that, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas I will sell you cheap. :roll:
Only a lawyer could say that with a straight face................. or maybe Susan Rice?
Well, what with Global Warming and all it's a good investment. Anything near Topeka? :mrgreen:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Should a whole team be suspended because of 4 members? Let alone how quickly CCU jumped to conclusions. If this was LU, a school who alledgly has an honor code, I could see the players getting suspended. Not the team.

But this isn't a school with an honor code. It's Coastal. Not exactly the leaders in morality. It's s joke.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Should a whole team be suspended because of 4 members? Let alone how quickly CCU jumped to conclusions. If this was LU, a school who alledgly has an honor code, I could see the players getting suspended. Not the team.

But this isn't a school with an honor code. It's Coastal. Not exactly the leaders in morality. It's s joke.
So you are saying Coastal has no honor.......
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Should a whole team be suspended because of 4 members? Let alone how quickly CCU jumped to conclusions. If this was LU, a school who alledgly has an honor code, I could see the players getting suspended. Not the team.
Two thoughts:

1) they haven't (yet) lost their scholarships. I fail to see what real harm has come to them yet.
2) How many are on a squad? If enough are let go, don't you by default "fail to have a team?"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Two thoughts:

1) they haven't (yet) lost their scholarships. I fail to see what real harm has come to them yet.
2) How many are on a squad? If enough are let go, don't you by default "fail to have a team?"
You don't see how publicly calling a college girl on a cheerleading squad a prostitute without any solid evidence could cause harm? :dontgetit
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
By suspending the entire team the school avoided singling out the culprits. That's where their protection from inflicting harm comes into play. The only harm would be from the loss of access into any upcoming competitions. All other harm is coming from either law enforcement or the public's reaction for which the school bears little culpability IMHO.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:By suspending the entire team the school avoided singling out the culprits. That's where their protection from inflicting harm comes into play. The only harm would be from the loss of access into any upcoming competitions. All other harm is coming from either law enforcement or the public's reaction for which the school bears little culpability IMHO.
By suspending the entire squad it implicates everyone on the squad. Therefore it inflicts harm on everyone.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Prostitute's lives matter. :)

At least they didn't commit the unpardonable sin: Advertising they were FBS ready, when they obviously seem to be ready for anything. :roll: :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:So you guys seriously think Coastal was in the right to paint the entire cheerleaders squad as hookers?
Me? No. But I'm not saying it's not true :pbjtime :cheerleader
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]