If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Class of 20Something
alabama24 wrote:I still think there's a chance we end up there.
Fantasy Land for a moment.

Liberty beasts in the next 5 years and has a Bowl Win in the 5th year. The SunBelt extends an invite. Liberty rejects it out of spite. This board would be split 50/50 on the decision. On one hand, life becomes easy to schedule, all sports in a conference, and we can say, "Told you so" to everyone. The other hand, we don't want that stinking conference, they didn't want us before we were good, we have more scheduling flexibility as an Indy, and who knows, the AAC could call one day.

That's the kind of thing I could see JLFJR doing. I could absolutely see him holding that grudge. I know which side of that I would be on.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:I was mildly amused by the SEC concerned over the new Arkansas gun laws allowing (some) guns on campus, but I really perked up when I read that the Sunbelt was upset too.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/nationa ... 4a0d0.html
Trying to get some attention? I never liked the Sun Belt anyways.
See ? We can agree on some things!!!
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:

Liberty beasts in the next 5 years and has a Bowl Win in the 5th year. The SunBelt extends an invite. Liberty rejects it out of spite. This board would be split 50/50 on the decision. On one hand, life becomes easy to schedule, all sports in a conference, and we can say, "Told you so" to everyone. The other hand, we don't want that stinking conference, they didn't want us before we were good, we have more scheduling flexibility as an Indy, and who knows, the AAC could call one day.

That's the kind of thing I could see JLFJR doing. I could absolutely see him holding that grudge. I know which side of that I would be on.
Which side would that be? I'm a bit curious to be honest. I for one would have a little grudge because they were being spiteful. What made it worst(like they pushed the dagger in LU's back a little bit deeper) was when they selected CCU when they're weren't and still not even FBS prepared. Honestly, I hope LU stays independent and improve for the next 5 years. At the same time I hope most of our other teams use this improvement for an advantage and maybe another conference wouldn't mind us without football. AAC or C-USA would be nice. Not saying that'll be easy but who knows what will go down during the mid-2020's. I was looking at A-10 for basketball and it would be interesting to play some of those schools. Plus the A-10 is a top conference in basketball. That's just a thought.
By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:

Which side would that be? I'm a bit curious to be honest. I for one would have a little grudge because they were being spiteful. What made it worst(like they pushed the dagger in LU's back a little bit deeper) was when they selected CCU when they're weren't and still not even FBS prepared. Honestly, I hope LU stays independent and improve for the next 5 years. At the same time I hope most of our other teams use this improvement for an advantage and maybe another conference wouldn't mind us without football. AAC or C-USA would be nice. Not saying that'll be easy but who knows what will go down during the mid-2020's. I was looking at A-10 for basketball and it would be interesting to play some of those schools. Plus the A-10 is a top conference in basketball. That's just a thought.
I am firmly on the side of spite. I just don't want to get JMU'd
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]