If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Love me some Dabo.
Watched the game on ESPNU The Cool Room broadcast. An ADD delight. A ballcoach nightmare.
4+ hours :dontgetit someone has to look into that
I love Dabo's faith, but I recoil at the use of a God picking a team
Congrats Clemson
Lane Kiffin is in Florida today hung over and happy
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i wonder who Liberty should have wanted to win the most.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Alabama defense took 4th quarter off. On winning TD, only 3 of 11 players on field actually attempted to stop play. Other 8 just stood around and watched.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Alabama defense took 4th quarter off. On winning TD, only 3 of 11 players on field actually attempted to stop play. Other 8 just stood around and watched.
What play were you watching? They got fooled by a great and gutsy offensive play call.
Followed by an even gutsier call with the on side kick. THAT was the play everyone on Alabama's team fell asleep
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Could BJ or or ballcoach (or anyone) explain what is meant by "pick plays" on those 2 Clemson touchdowns? Are those illegal plays, and, if so, what wasn't a flag thrown?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There is a rule that bans DBs getting "picked". I am not sure of actual content of rule. It's similar to illegal screen in basketball. ( which I think is dumbest rule in the book)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
A pick route or rub route basically is a route where one receiver washes out the defender for another receiver. It's a real troublesome area because you have to determine whether they are blocking illegally or not.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There is a rule that bans DBs getting "picked". I am not sure of actual content of rule. It's similar to illegal screen in basketball. ( which I think is dumbest rule in the book)
An illegal screen in basketball is the dumbest rule :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When illegal screen is called in basketball, 99% of the time it's so far away from basket, it has no effect on anything.
Because 99% of the time it's called on a ball screen. Usually the person with the ball has a big effect on scoring.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was called for a few in middle school...PH speaks the truth
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I was called for a few in middle school
Play Basketball These are the stories BJ will be telling his kids: "back when your old man was playing middle school basketball..." :oldhag
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I saw one called in the LU-Campbell game. It was out near mid court. No one gained (or lost) any advantage.
Since that happened, I guess they should get rid of the rule altogether.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I saw one called in the LU-Campbell game. It was out near mid court. No one gained (or lost) any advantage.
Did one of the players have the ball?
You do know there is no 'Advantage/ Disadvantage ' caveat in the rule book?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:this guy coaches basketball?
ballcoach coaches everything with a ball
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Did one of the players have the ball?
You do know there is no 'Advantage/ Disadvantage ' caveat in the rule book?
For him to know that would require that he actually read the rulebook PH.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have served as Head Coach or Assistant Coach in every sport , at some point in my life.
I'll keep this in mind when I have Curling questions during the next Winter Olympics.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I have served as Head Coach or Assistant Coach in every sport , at some point in my life.
I'll keep this in mind when I have Curling questions during the next Winter Olympics.
He's the BALL coach, not the STONE coach :roll:
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
He's the BALL coach, not the STONE coach :roll:
He's coached every sport. Come on. Give the man some credit.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]