If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Where will Danny Rocco be coaching next year?

Richmond
No votes
0%
Delaware
63%
Temple
38%
Other (please specify in comments)
No votes
0%
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Danny Rocco has been a topic of conversation on this board for over a decade, and he may be on the move again.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I miss those crazy eyes of his.

I would love for him to somehow land that Temple gig. Would be a great opportunity for him to prove himself on a larger stage.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Temple would be a great spot for him. Delaware would be a nice consolation prize
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
If I'm Rocco, I'm not leaving Richmond until a FBS school comes calling. Temple would be a great landing spot, IMO.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:If I'm Rocco, I'm not leaving Richmond until a FBS school comes calling. Temple would be a great landing spot, IMO.
Delaware would be a huge step up
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
TDDance234 wrote:If I'm Rocco, I'm not leaving Richmond until a FBS school comes calling. Temple would be a great landing spot, IMO.
Delaware IS a huge step up
FIFY

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Delaware IS a huge step up
FIFY

Look at you playing Scoop Jackson
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Rocco makes another lateral move: FCS (Liberty) to FCS (Richmond) to FCS (Delaware). :dontgetit

Let the CAA rant begin! :blahblah
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Rocco makes another lateral move: FCS (Liberty) to FCS (Richmond) to FCS (Delaware). :dontgetit

Let the CAA rant begin! :blahblah
Just becuae it's an FCS school doesn't mean it's a lateral move.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:He must like FCS. Or is afraid of FBS.
Or maybe wasn't offered the Temple job? You gotta work on your critical thinking skills
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Someone else got the Temple job
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Someone else got the Temple job
Capt Obvious is strong with this one
By Jonathan Carone
I'd think so. He's 56 now. It'll take a couple years to get Delaware where they need to be for him to make the jump up. And he's not going to jump just to jump. It has to be the right situation for him to do something.

The Delaware job is interesting for him. He's had the success he's had at a private religious school and a private highly academic school. This is his first state school to recruit to. With their resources and no recruiting liabilities, it'll be intriguing to see what he can do.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This is the New & Advance article, but I liked the paper copy's HUGE headline better (see below), which came with a 6"x10" pic of DR:
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/local ... 7626c.html

Hen-picked

Interesting quote in the article:
Rocco mentioned UR’s overall football facilities compared with superior facilities at James Madison University, William & Mary and Liberty University, but he said that wasn’t his lone concern.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
His last year at LU was the year he had positioned himself to win big and get the FBS call. It didn't pan out like anybody had hoped it would which has kind of put Rocco on this FCS for life path.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:His last year at LU was the year he had positioned himself to win big and get the FBS call. It didn't pan out like anybody had hoped it would which has kind of put Rocco on this FCS for life path.
He was one AD off from being an LU lifer!!
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]