If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
That I know of so far, GA State and FAU are both interested I honestly cannot see him spending another year at CSU, but I thought the same thing last year
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
I would also keep an eye on Chattanooga.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
:dontgetit
CSU has money? CSU has one of the worst facilities in all of d1 athletics and as much people rag on Liberty academics, CSU is a step down.

Only thing he's going to miss is the location and the ability to land non qualifying recruits.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Lateral FCS moves do not make much sense to me. Unless there is a lot of $$$$$ involved.
Well if there is a lot more money involved then by definition its not a lateral move
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Lateral FCS moves do not make much sense to me. Unless there is a lot of $$$$$ involved.
Moving from Charleston Southern to UT-Chattanooga is the equivalent of leaving UL-Monroe for Oregon or Texas A&M. It's probably not ideally what he had in mind six weeks ago or so, but it's a step up.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Definitely a step up...not elite level but definitely an upgrade in job (and expectations)
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Prediction:

UT-Chattanooga will announce Jamey Chadwell as their new head coach by 5 PM Friday.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:UTC to Richmond is a lateral move . Maybe 1 point below lateral.
Not when your wife is from Richmond, and you used to be the DC.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:UTC to Richmond is a lateral move . Maybe 1 point below lateral.
Not when your wife is from Richmond, and you used to be the DC.
And the $$ is better.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The CAA is a step up from the SoCon, something most would not have said prior to App State and GaSou jumping ship. He will not have the raging fan base waxing poetic about NCAA championship games at Finley Stadium and delusional fans proclaiming mythical national championships in Richmond
By Jonathan Carone
BJWilliams wrote:The CAA is a step up from the SoCon, something most would not have said prior to App State and GaSou jumping ship.
Uh, yeah they would've.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/ch ... a7a5f.html

Jamey Chadwell is in top 3 for Furman.

The way I read this, is that he is the top choice for Furman and there's two backup options. Why haven't they hired him yet? He's considering UT-Chattanooga.
That would be a tough choice. Money being relatively equal I'm leaning UTC
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
One name starting to pop up for UTC is Phil Fulmer.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:That would be a tough choice. Money being relatively equal I'm leaning UTC
Living in Chattanooga trumps living in Greenville.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:That would be a tough choice. Money being relatively equal I'm leaning UTC
Living in Chattanooga trumps living in Greenville.
I have only visited Chattanooga briefly, but I spent a month in Greenville doing job training (25 years ago) and really liked the place
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you haven't visited Chattanooga in the past 5 years, they have totally redone the downtown area, and it's an amazing place to shop and eat out now.
https://www.chattanoogachamber.com/
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Where is Critic to represent the Cahtty contingent?

Downtown Chattanooga is pretty nice having worked there a few times in recent years. Just don't stray far off the beaten path even a block or two.

I'm guessing Jamey's family has strong ties in Greenville from their time there before. Families have HUGE sways in these types of decisions.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Where is Critic to represent the Cahtty contingent?

Downtown Chattanooga is pretty nice having worked there a few times in recent years. Just don't stray far off the beaten path even a block or two.

I'm guessing Jamey's family has strong ties in Greenville from their time there before. Families have HUGE sways in these types of decisions.
Which is why I'd lean towards UTC :rofl
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
saw on twitter that the rumor is Chadwell and UTC are working on a contract. Chadwell denied it of course.

CSU is going back to be irreverent again. Lastly CSU lets anyone in so lets see him recruit a player that actually has a gpa above 2
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]